Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:21 am 

I am still puzzling my way around things and am considering waiting until I get my pal, and then purchasing this rifle. The intent would be to have a flexible gun for indoors or outdoors shooting.

I know the S510 has a power adjuster on them and what I am curious about is just how low can velocity get with the power turned down to the bottom.

If I can get it down to the 575 or low 600's I could likely still use it at the indoor range as many of the high-end target rifles are slightly above 500fps and those are allowed (They just don't want anything crazy or any .22)

https://www.airgunsource.ca/us/air-arms ... alnut.html

Does anyone have shot string data for these?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:09 am 

Luna, I was able to get my s510 in .22 down to 382fps. The accuracy suffers a little however at that level. I found that around 450fps was a good balance of velocity/loudness while still maintaining accuracy.
If you’re willing to spend that much you may want to consider the Air Arms s200 in one of its various forms in .177. You can purchase it now in the 495fps version and when you get your pal it can be adjusted to a higher velocity. Very good accuracy, ability to add a 10 shot magazine if you choose, and it will not cost the same as the s510. You can also buy it in the target version with diopter sights. I own one and like it very much.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:22 am 

Yeah my head is still spinning trying to make something work out.

I had looked at the s200,(799$) but by the time you add the magazine kit (another hundred bucks) to it (Which seems to be made of plastic and and with no catch around the outside is likely to have pellets fall out.... classic bolt vs side lever. . . I feel like I am just overpaying for the gun when I am so close to being able to get a 510.

The 510 will keep a lot more resale value, and the cz can't be worked on because they weld a lot of things shut (the range guys were telling me this)

If there was a used one around maybe. I have been watching the used listings on here like a hawk but I am not finding any .177 PCP stuff coming up :/

Honestly, if there was decent places to go plinking around here locally I would just get a .22 I still want to try and get an airgun club for non 10m up and running on the island. I think it would be an awesome project!

I need to talk with the air gun source guys to get a list of what they can actually get in. The guys over there said they don't like ordering in .177 because they don't sell. Most people want .22 (and I would too were it not for odd local shooting conditions and living in the city...)

I have also never had such a hard time spending money before... It's the availability that's the issue.

I will add the other reason I want to do this is with the new regulator, and using .177, and most importantly an easy to use power adjuster I could maybe get 100+ shots on a fill! And because the cylinder is 188cc it might be a lot easier to fill with a hand pump which suits what I want to do.

Honestly, if it came in laminate I think it could be perfect ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:52 am 

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/100- ... hing-here/

This is an interesting thread too! The main thing they did was shorten the hammer spring a bit and install a reg (before they came standard from the factory)

With these charges they are getting about 90 shots in .22 at 800 fps

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:05 am 

You would have to remove the tamper proofing on those 495 s200 and it doesnt sound worth it. As well that 495 target may take even more work since it is factory tuned for targets in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:33 am 

I bought the target version. It was simple to remove the sights later, add a scope, and adjust the velocity. Won’t go into detail, but once you obtain your pal it would not be an issue.

There’s a 10 round conversion kit for sale now in the forum here for just $60!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:06 pm 

Don’t forget about the forum store. The link is at the top of the forum home page. Dan has the CZ for a great price and all the accessories. I’m not sure about non pal . I would call him and ask.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:38 am 

Hobbyman2007 wrote:
Don’t forget about the forum store. The link is at the top of the forum home page. Dan has the CZ for a great price and all the accessories. I’m not sure about non pal . I would call him and ask.

The ones listed all say PAL required :/

I doubt talking to him can change the status of the guns. That being said I will reach out to Dan and ask what else he can get in.