Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Air pistol at Custom
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:22 pm 

Hi all, i think my airpistol, Beeman P1 .22 cal is in trouble at the Custom........
Hope it doesn't going back to Pyramyd Air....
Yes, i know you'll say:" You should of bought it at D&L (Weihrauch HW45 .22 cal), but i don't want a detune .22 cal air pistol. I readed all the posts here that talk about the HW45 .22 Candian version being not as powerful that the US version....

Attachments:
IMG_4506.PNG
IMG_4506.PNG [ 199.38 KiB | Viewed 1633 times ]
IMG_4505.PNG
IMG_4505.PNG [ 175.81 KiB | Viewed 1633 times ]
IMG_4504.PNG
IMG_4504.PNG [ 181.38 KiB | Viewed 1633 times ]

Post subject: Re: Air pistol at Custom
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:37 pm 

UPS?! I think you might need some more time as my previous experience on a Sig P250 was like that... About a week more, back and forth, in and out the customs several time....

And I don't think there is a detuned .22 cal HW45 for Canada specially... Even a high output aftermarket spring can't bring a .22 HW45 out of the limit. Someone gets a little lower one and someone gets a little higher output one but that's normal as even far to the UK, they have the HW45 is as ours .22 at about 5 to 5.5ft.lb energy, that's 14g pellet at lower 400fps range... (Of course when this energy is put to fire a 7g .177 pellet will make it way faster than the limit. So a detuned .177 cal is here... )

Sent from my S9 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:37 pm 

If Pyramid shipped it to you, it's been pre-cleared as an acceptable import to Canada. I think what you are seeing is standard UPS incompetence and preparation to charge you more than Pyramid's guaranteed price -- all-inclusive.

You'd do yourself and all of us a favour by showing them these tracking records and complaining that Canadians cannot enjoy Pyramid's excellent service when they continue to use UPS without exception.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:49 pm 

Yeah.... So after my P250, I never bought any gun from Pyramid anyone... Just too scary...

Sent from my S9 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:20 pm 

Pyramid is A+ in doing what they can to facilitate importing to Canada. Without Pyramid's initial initiatives in seeking "pre-approvals" for airguns to Canada (the ones marked "Ships to Canada"), we would be going through all of that bureaucratic mess ourselves to this very day. Because of Pyramid's efforts, Canadian border services are much more open to providing procedures to allow "non-pre-approved" firearms into the country by following those procedures. Pyramid's marketing/merchandising efforts created those opportunities.

Pyramid's only mistake was getting into bed with UPS. But perhaps that's just business; they have no issues with UPS delivering to their largest market: The USA. Setting up a new delivery system that uses USPS-to-CPS would likely be quite costly. That's business. Perhaps if they hear more and more horror stories about UPS in Canada, they would reconsider their current policy.

So, at this point, I think we should thank Pyramid for their merchandising, which has "informed" Canadian regulators about the demand for this service and made it easy for Canada Customs to pass through hundreds of products quickly because of their "pre-clearance" procedures.

We've now got to convince them that Canada's UPS service is destroying what innovative merchandising efforts they have made for selling to the Canadian market.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:38 pm 

UPS is fine if you live in the USA and ship domestically, but for us Canadians UPS is absolutely atrocious.

I bought from Pyramidair once...once!! I will not purchase from any company that uses UPS exclusively as a result.

I purchased products in one of my other hobbies through a private deal in Texas and agreed to the price and shipping when I requested to use USPS . Suddenly he was unable get a connection to complete label so he used UPS instead. I was livid to say the least, it ended costing me 85% more than I agreed to and paid. Again, I detest UPS, they will never get another nickel from me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:02 pm 

Thank you all of you for your response. Appreciated. I feel better now that i have chances to receive my Beeman P1 .22 cal.
Yes, i will show Pyramyd Air the tracking record of UPS.... May be they will realize that UPS is not the best option for shipping airguns to Canada.
I bought 2 air pistols sub 500 fps from Pyramyd Air before, and i never had problem with CBSA
They cleared custom very fast same day no problem....
I will let you know how it ended....
Thank you !
Rejean, Montreal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:40 pm 

Customs clearing fees by UPS range from around $30 (minimum) to over $60. And if you try to self-clear the item, they put you thru a bureaucratic nightmare. All brought on by them. The office that you pick up the paperwork at UPS is only open limited hours, which does not correspond to the hours where you pick up your parcel. End up having to wait around in the UPS parking lot for hours.

USPS clearance fees via Canada post is a flat $10. And they deliver right to you, or a store within a couple of miles of your residence. And most of the time they don't charge fees on items valued under $200.

UPS charges fees on most any value of package.

If we all complain to Pyramyd, maybe they will use USPS/Canada Post of Canadian shipments.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:44 pm 

The headaches start with the automatic transfer from UPS (US) to UPS Canada.

Always, when ordering anything from the States - ANYTHING - have it sent USPS. Many outfits in the states
like UPS as they will pick up the parcel at the store. With USPS, the store has to take the article to the post office.
If the store will not send USPS, I do not do business with them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:04 pm 

Daryl wrote:
The headaches start with the automatic transfer from UPS (US) to UPS Canada.

Always, when ordering anything from the States - ANYTHING - have it sent USPS. Many outfits in the states
like UPS as they will pick up the parcel at the store. With USPS, the store has to take the article to the post office.
If the store will not send USPS, I do not do business with them.

This is exactly how i feel about UPS and USPS.

However I once had a fixed blade camping knife shipped USPS to Canada Post and the package arrived just as it should have ...... Only problem, the item was removed from the package. The bubble wrap envelope was sliced open clean (package was taped top to bottom with clear packing tape) and item was missing. I was LIVID!!! But I bought it using paypal so it was covered and the shipper should have known better and not ship it in a bubble wrap envelope!! IDIOT!!! I say that to say this ................ I DO NOT TRUST ANY SHIPPING OUTFITS!!! Not a one!!!!