Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: 2240 Princess Auto.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:24 pm 

A buddy of mine told me they had Crosman 2240 on sale at Princess Auto. I didn't think they sold the 2240 there, I had never seen it in the past.
I dropped by last Saturday and had a look but didn't see any on the shelf so I asked a young girl that worked there, she went out back to check. I waited for about 10 minutes then out she came with one still sealed in plastic.$79.98

I think the sale is over but they may still have them for regular price.
I know its not that cheap but I didn't have to pay freight.

Tazz

Post subject: Re: 2240 Princess Auto.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:57 am 

It sometimes surprises me the things the buyers at PA can find, and the prices they sell them at.

That's why I try to check their website regularly.

Also sometimes find unadvertised sales in the store.

I like the great buys I have gotten there, like Tactical Crusader CO2 for less than 50 cents each, Chinese wood stock break barrels for $25, and Umarex XBG & XCP BB pistols for $20-25, a metal rotating pellet target system for $40, and many more items.

Regret not getting a Crosman TR77NPS $100 (had it in my hands, but passed), and later dropped to $35, Crosman Optimus for $68, Tangifolo Witness 1911 for $75, etc.

BTW, I think the 2240 is still available for $79.99 & they offer free shipping during Covid.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8950552e

Happy hunting.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:01 am 

I picked one up at the St Catharines store,

Steve

Walther Falcon .25
Benji XL 1100

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:16 am 

pa does have some pretty good deals . last week they had the walther ppks on for $78.00 bucks. hey barbas the last time i wen,t to the st. catharines store i asked one of the guys that work in there where the guns wen,t to. he said they had to take them off display and keep them in the back warehouse because people kept trying to steal them. did you see any out when you wen,t. i haven,t been there in awhile.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:35 pm 

I didn't see any on display and haven't in quite some time now, not sure how one would be able to steal one as i remember them only having display only and secured very well

but imagine thieves could think of something

Steve

Walther Falcon .25
Benji XL 1100

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:50 pm 

Same at the stores I have gone to. Most of the time they keep the airguns in the back & need to ask sales person to get them for you.

Years ago they use to have them in a glass cabinet, or had samples displayed on metal backing with metal straps, but am told that even these did not deter thieves. They would use a hammer or bolt cutters (from the store) to get at the airguns.