Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:05 pm 

Maybe should I including the AA TX200 series too as they have very similar internal constructions and designs...

Want to see if any of you tried and found one or some flat head pellets (wadcutters) that your rifle likes...

As I almost only shooting indoors, and no need to shoot far targets, I want to use flat heads on my 11fpe 177 caliber Pro Sport rather than the high penetrating domed pellets... And sadly I found my Pro Sport doesn't like any flat heads I have in hand, i.e. Gamo, RWS Hobby, and Super H Point, Daisy, Grizzly, Excite and even the RWS R10.

In these flat heads, when loading it I can tell some are really not very high quality as the Pro Sport 's LW barrel is tight, so some are even not able to load into it. And so far the R10 is acceptable but occasionally I got fliers... However it's the pistol 7g light weight pellet , not that for the gun...

Have some 8.2g and JSB incoming and will give those a try later... Not sure you guys tried this thing before and have some positive results or I should just stick to the JSB Exact / Exact Express domed pellets...

HW45 with customized grips from UK
Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine
Camo Chaser long barrel carbine
PP700SA long barrel carbine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:21 pm 

I'm surprised that at your short distance the ProSport doesn't group anything you feed it. Post some pics of paper targets 5 shot groups of each pellet. I'm thinking maybe a burr in your barrel. Does it group the domed pellets to your liking?

Duke ))))----//----------==

Air guns? I have a few; but then again, too few to mention.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:50 pm 

Uhhh.... Sir Duke~ you over looked something... It doesn't like the 'flat head' wadcutters (looks all of them), but it shoots very well with the JSB domed.

And I was thinking such a short 9 yards distance, whatever I put into the breech, it should shoots well... :eek:

So I am just wondering if the LW barrel here don't like the wadcutters or the 11/12fpe UK limits or the sweet speeds for FT on these guns already too much for wadcutters?! My FWB300 shoots at 720fps (8fpe) likes almost all my wadcutters..... The PS shoots just a little bit faster at 800fps and make such a huge difference?! Just want to find that out...

Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:27 am 

I"m with the duke
at 9 yards my tx200 hc will do one hole with most flat head pellets same with the 97 or the 300.
you put out the cash for the pro sport why shoot cheap ammo grizzly and gamo eww it's like putting low octane in your
motorcycle :roll: I would clean the barrel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:33 am 

your fwb300 shoots 720? That seems hot. Was the spring changed from the factory specification?

Yeah what Duke said. At 9m the PS should make most ammo look good. Just one slightly larger than the current pellet hole using anything of quality.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:38 am 

mangerover wrote:
I"m with the duke
at 9 yards my tx200 hc will do one hole with most flat head pellets same with the 97 or the 300.
you put out the cash for the pro sport why shoot cheap ammo grizzly and gamo eww it's like putting low octane in your
motorcycle :roll: I would clean the barrel

LOL, I just tried everything I have because I found the groups were too large~ maybe it's a chance the gun like the roadside hotdog more than the big. French meal....

Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:42 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
your fwb300 shoots 720? That seems hot. Was the spring changed from the factory specification?

Yeah what Duke said. At 9m the PS should make most ammo look good. Just one slightly larger than the current pellet hole using anything of quality.

720fps with 7g R10. Yes, it's a Maccari aftermarket spring in the FWB300. The 300 shoots like you said, 'make most ammo look good'. But the PS looks picky~ :eek:

Ordered some extra tins from Dan yesterday and should have them soon in the morning and will keep on trying~

Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:19 am 

I do not know your gun and I expect to get shot down for saying this but in my experience.....

I have to seat all pellets in past the first click on barrel or accuracy goes way off with small fliers. Co2 bolt guns are more accurate but the bolt pushes the pellet onto the same spot every time. I use a toggle switch with spades taken off to give me a good flat surface to push on.I assume your rife seats its pellet allot like a Co2 gun.

Crosman pellets are allot smaller diameter skirt than Grizzly pellets even though they both say 4.5. I have to really drive Grizzly pellets in guns that Crosman just take a small push for click. I would try to fine some smaller skirt pellets and see what happens if not possible to seat the pellet by hand. All my guns shoot the same wadcutter pellets good at 30 feet. (9)

CHEERS!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:02 am 

Yes, that's the next I would try, but thinking just trying and won't keep on using this way because for a fixed barrel springer, it's a bit tricky to seat a pellet into breech. I will need a bended seater to push the pellet in with an angle...

And I read from UK forum many of them tried seating pellet on higher power guns and found negative result... Still want to try it as I did find not many pellet could be push nicely flush to the breech with finger tips because the the tight PS barrel...

Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:20 am 

I have a sizer for poor quality pellets works well for when the boys come over with no ammo they get to shoot the shyte :drinkers:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:18 am 

mangerover wrote:
I have a sizer for poor quality pellets works well for when the boys come over with no ammo they get to shoot the shyte :drinkers:
This is another way I can try as I did found some (uhh... Many) pellets were very tight vs the breech, some worse cases are not able to be loaded into the breech...

What size of the sizer you have and use on those pellets?

Just did some searches and looks only 4.52/4.53 and the adjustable sizes I can find... Not sure should I buy or not as 4.51 looks fits my need most and the adjustable one looks a bit complicated....

Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:39 am 

Get rid of that piece of junk AA and get a nice HW97! :drinkers:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:43 am 

Dukemeister wrote:
Get rid of that piece of junk AA and get a nice HW97! :drinkers:

So he can have an excuse to why the shots are inaccurate? ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:09 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:

No, so he puts it for sale and I can snap it up for cheap. :drinkers:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:27 pm 

Dukemeister wrote:
jckstrthmghty wrote:

No, so he puts it for sale and I can snap it up for cheap. :drinkers:

Awesome. :drinkers: