Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Bad News C-21
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:08 am 

Looks like the Liberals are taking aim at airguns too. This is from the Public Safety Canada website on the bill being introduced today:

Ensure mid-velocity 'replica' firearms are prohibited
- Update the Criminal Code to ensure that any device, including an unregulated airgun that looks exactly like a conventional regulated firearm (i.e., shoots over 500 feet per second), is prohibited for the purposes of import, export, sale and transfer.

- Current owners may keep their 'replicas' but cannot transfer them to anyone else.

- No further 'replica' firearms could be imported into, or sold/transferred in Canada.

- This amendment does not affect other types of airguns that do not exactly replicate a conventional regulated firearm.

Post subject: Re: Bad News C-21
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:23 am 

I guess Canada we will see increased sales in PAL rated replicas for the short term or the RCMP could take past actions and ban regardless of whether regulation is passed or not.

Fun times.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:25 am 

:shock:

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

Last edited by Leon Yrag on Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:29 am 

any gun i sell hence,
...i'll just be returning to its rightful owner.

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:07 pm 

Hey been saying for years, should have stood up with other gun lobby groups and protected what we had. But air gunners, just chose to stick head in the sand, because they did not want any attention, and expect nothing to happen.

This is how laws get passed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:43 pm 

Best scenario right now is to get us into an election before they can pass the bill which will kill it. Then we need to defeat this government.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:03 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
Hey been saying for years, should have stood up with other gun lobby groups and protected what we had. But air gunners, just chose to stick head in the sand, because they did not want any attention, and expect nothing to happen.

I don't think that is necessarily true. A lot of airgun owners are also powder burner owners. I certainly am. I've had both for over 40 years. I'm a CCFR member to support their work. Laws get passed because governments suck up to whatever vocal minority is loudest. The rural and small town population, which is probably more gun oriented, has less voice at the table. The urban centers have a lot more votes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:32 pm 

rob g wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

I don't think that is necessarily true. A lot of airgun owners are also powder burner owners. I certainly am. I've had both for over 40 years. I'm a CCFR member to support their work. Laws get passed because governments suck up to whatever vocal minority is loudest. The rural and small town population, which is probably more gun oriented, has less voice at the table. The urban centers have a lot more votes.

From what I can tell, there was zero voice from the air gun community. Never was a mod, or a airgun business be like we don't support this. Its was hide, and draw no attention, and maybe nothing will happen.

Alot of the 10m, or FT shooter could care less about anything but their sport. There is alot of airgunners here, that could care less about firearms. But I said. When they start banning guns, more people will turn to airguns. And now what is happening?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:48 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
I guess Canada we will see increased sales in PAL rated replicas for the short term or the RCMP could take past actions and ban regardless of whether regulation is passed or not.

Fun times.

Replica airguns are mostly replicas of either restricted or prohibited firearms. Prohibited you can forget of course, for restricted you'll need RPAL, registration and with proposed municipality handgun ban you won't be able to keep it at home unless of course you're lucky and live in decent municipality.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:42 pm 

They make a 10/22 replica. I wonder if it's considered prohib with a 30 round magazine :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:22 pm 

Well, that was fun while it lasted. Looks like I'll have to take up another hobby. Maybe archery? Wonder how long before that's deemed "unsafe?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:56 pm 

leadslinger wrote:

And it sure looks like airsofts and paintballs will also get thrown under the bus... Ho well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:15 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
rob g wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

From what I can tell, there was zero voice from the air gun community. Never was a mod, or a airgun business be like we don't support this. Its was hide, and draw no attention, and maybe nothing will happen.

Alot of the 10m, or FT shooter could care less about anything but their sport. There is alot of airgunners here, that could care less about firearms. But I said. When they start banning guns, more people will turn to airguns. And now what is happening?

Your starting to sound like a forum troll you have know idea what your talking about .....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:24 pm 

This sure sounds like politic...

In 3-2-1...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:33 pm 

sillymike wrote:
This sure sounds like politic...

In 3-2-1...

Was not intended to be political - just to inform people that as air gun enthusiasts, we are under attack via this legislation. Unfortunately, miscreants who use air guns in the commission of crimes are likely to blame for this move.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next