Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:21 pm 

Looking at buying one in .177, and I'm looking for any insight.
I know it's not German but it's a copy of the rws 350... .177 just because. I don't plan on scoping it either, as I have a good receiver sight I'll use.

Are the parts made for the 350 interchangeable? Might pick up a few things from maccari... One day if the border opens.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:44 pm 

i have one in 22, yes parts for the D350 will fit and in fact listed as such, piston seal, main spring, guides etc.

my comments;

its a beast of a rifle in size and power!!!
takes a very extensive break period(2 tins at least) to get accuracy, very hold sensitive; you basically have to let the rifle float in the palm of your hand, the rifling is very light, my 22 was hard to tame and i can just imagine a 177 with the speed

not saying not to buy it cause the price is certainly attractive, but beware you'll have tame it with time and practice, more so than one would expect

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:16 pm 

Right on, thanks. The performance is pretty much what I have been reading, makes sense though being the high power Springer that it is. I would expect it needs a tune up right out of the box though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:26 pm 

robipaul wrote:
i have one in 22, yes parts for the D350 will fit and in fact listed as such, piston seal, main spring, guides etc.

my comments;

its a beast of a rifle in size and power!!!
takes a very extensive break period(2 tins at least) to get accuracy, very hold sensitive; you basically have to let the rifle float in the palm of your hand, the rifling is very light, my 22 was hard to tame and i can just imagine a 177 with the speed

not saying not to buy it cause the price is certainly attractive, but beware you'll have tame it with time and practice, more so than one would expect
Very useful info!

I don't have much experience on airguns, but since the first time I recovered a shot alloy pellet from my HW45, I noticed that the good quality barrels do have thick walls, DEEP rifling and made with high quality material... The difference between a serious shooter and a toy just so big... Image

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:30 pm 

Get it! It’s one of the most underrated rifles out there. I have one a love it. Lots of power but needs to be tamed .

Get it in 22. Too much power for 177

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:47 pm 

I agree, that rifle would be a beast in .177 cal.... It's even a beast in .22.... Make sure you have a GOOD scope on it, mine ate a couple of Hawkes.... :shock:

Bob

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:24 am 

I have a Leupold 2-7 rifleman scope, that may handle the recoil. Pretty sure they have a good warranty program. Although I never have had much luck shooting springers with scopes due to the inconsistent barrel lock up. It would likely be used on European starlings near my in-laws house, they would appreciate it if I wasn't blasting them with a shotgun or a 22-250 :lol:
30 yards is realistically as close as I'll get. The plan for the .177 is to get the heaviest pellet I can reasonably shoot out of it accurately.

The more I play with them the less I like co2 and hpa guns.
Self contained power plant pretty much spells it out for me. At least where hunting is concerned.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:57 pm 

Tore mine apart, polished, regreased and sleeve. Huge difference, recoil less, noise reduced and haven't broke a scope in several years. Favourite pellet jsb 18.14 800-810fps. I shoot jsb 15.89 because my other 3 .22's shoot them well also.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:19 pm 

Is this the same gun as the BAM 28C? I had one in .22 - a beast for sure. I gave it away. It wrecked a
3-9 Bug Buster scope - locked up the power ring, but otherwise still worked. Very powerful, though and
a candidate for heavier pellets, for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:26 pm 

Xisico XS28 is a copy of the Diana 350 magnum and also the Ruger AirMagnum
but the Xisico XS28 .25 is a beast, and a scope killer ... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:00 pm 

Any idea where a guy can get one in .25?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:44 pm 

I've got one left I believe, maybe 2 8)

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:54 pm 

They remind me of a M1 when I hold them. They need an artillery hold to shoot well. Do not get the .177, its too much for that cal.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:51 pm 

I took the advice of pretty much everyone and didn't buy the 177, would have picked up the 22 if it were available but I guess I'm stuck with the .25 model. I don't mind. Now I just hope I can shoot it. And I look forward to the tuning as well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:19 pm 

killercrow wrote:
I took the advice of pretty much everyone and didn't buy the 177, would have picked up the 22 if it were available but I guess I'm stuck with the .25 model. I don't mind. Now I just hope I can shoot it. And I look forward to the tuning as well.

i think you'll do well with the .25, long break in so have fun with the cheapest plinking pellets you can find, once broken in get yourself a good solid UTG compensation mount with lock pins, and a scope that can take it, i'm using a Tasco air, not the greatest view but it can take the punishment....so far

remember; let the rifle float in your palm when using the hold, any sort of fingers on the stock affects the accuracy on mine, just sayin