Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:18 pm 

I'm not too familiar with Diana air rifles. I understand that the model 27 was a well regarded mid sized/powered air rifle but I'm somewhat confused by the numerous versions of the Diana Model 24 that were offered. What years were they produced and what were their velocity in .177 caliber? It appears they came with different triggers during the course of their production.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:15 pm 

Isn't T-05 the Diana trigger name?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:24 pm 

I believe the air gun is marked T-05. I'm just trying to get some basic info on this particular version. There is one offered for sale right now on Canadiangunnutz for $275. The seller states that the mainspring was replaced bringing it up to approx 650 FPS. It sounds like it started out as a non-PAL version. Just wondering the value of this at that price point. I'm more knowledgeable about powderburners

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:12 pm 

Daryl is right T-05 is the trigger model number. I believe the T-06 trigger was introduced around 2010 so the Dian with T-05 would predate that for a manufacturing date. I don't believe the D24 is still made, and may never have been made with T-06 trigger. The earlier ones had T-3 and T4 triggers, the direct sear types. The Diana T-01 and T-06 are very nice adjustable triggers. The T-05 trigger claims to be adjustable, but it isn't really, but can be made into a nice 2 stage adjustable trigger with some easy mods. It's the T-05 that you find on the Diana clones, like Air Hawk, XS-25, XS-28 etc. Price point seems reasonable as an asking price for a late model 24. If you have a look at the markings on the rifle, there may be an F on it meaning it came from the factory de-tuned to German low power specs atht also means non-PAL in Canada. Of course a full power spring would bring it up over 600 fps in .177 and it would then be PAL rated. I never had a D24 in .177, only in .22 and it was non-PAL had had the F marking - also with T-05 trigger that I modded. IMO the D24 is a nice plinker with a pleasant shot cycle, but check out the Forum Store I believe Dan sells the HW30 PAL for around the same price. I'd rather have a HW30 than a D24. If Dan has the HW30s even better as it has the Rekord trigger, one of the best.

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:31 pm 
Site Moderator

I think the date of manufacturer will be stamped onto the receiver tube on the back-left side.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:42 pm 

I'll agree that the HW30 is a great air rifle. I bought one many years ago but it had the Perfekt trigger. I've currently got a 1969 Gecado 50 with the 3 ball bearing trigger. I'm just getting back into airguns and I prefer the simplicity of springers, they seem to take me back to my long ago youth. Life's a circle.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:14 pm 

I'd say the $275 is decent/fair but if you need it mailed then shipping adds up.

It's one of the later models 24 before they moved to model 240.
This one still has the metal front sight and rear sight with blade you can rotate,
the later 240 ones have pressed on plastic front sights and rear sights with fiber optic wire.

Personally I'd like the lines of the Diana's, the HW's are just not as pretty :)
But you can't go wrong with either.

Looks in good shape. Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:14 pm 

That's the one! I've dealt with the fella listing it before. and he's fair but always on the high side. I'm gonna sleep on it for a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:29 pm 

It's bumped twice and listed for almost a month.
Just offer less and see what the seller does.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:34 pm 

Quadra wrote:
That's the one! I've dealt with the fella listing it before. and he's fair but always on the high side. I'm gonna sleep on it for a bit.

I bought an HW30S from the airgun forum store last week, and also a used Diana 280 from a private seller.
I'd take the HW30S over the Diana any day. The HW30S is a fair bit smaller and less power, but shoots smooth and is accurate.
The airgun store also has new HW50s for $375, they are over $600 at D&L

Hatsan AT44 .25
Daisy Avanti 753S, 2x Daisy 953 cadet
2x Tau7