Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: New Guy from Nova Scotia
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:38 pm 

Hey, I am new to the forum and wanted to say hi. I am just getting into air guns. I am a big fan of replica blowbacks. I just purchased a Beretta PX4 Storm and I now think I am addicted to shooting. I am a teacher and I have a beautiful wife and son. He is only five so it will be a while before we shoot together. I will be asking for lots of purchase advice in the future so I hope you guys. Can Help me out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:01 pm 

Welcome to the forum!!! Lots of experience on here with regards to advice. Nice to see someone else from NS!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:08 pm 

Welcome from another New Guy!
You've come to the right place. The PX4 is a fun shooter, I think an ideal gun to start with,
lots of character, the gun I started with, just over a month ago.
There's lots of guys here with experience in helping You spend your money!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:20 pm 

Thanks for the welcome guys. Good to see The Darkside is represented! I do love my PX4. I am now looking to add a bb shooter. I am considering the Walther CP99 compact or the CZ75-P07. Any thoughts guys or should I take this question to a different forum?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:26 pm 

I have the CP99 and do enjoy it!! Small and compact, plus it is my wife favorite to shoot!!!! :wink: , blow back is a bit soft but enjoyable!!!! It has the stick mags that o not really slide "pop" right out but need a little assistance to come out!!!! Nice weight to it, feels good in the hands!!!! Plus it is decently priced!!!!! I would recommend!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:33 pm 

airgun nut wrote:
I have the CP99 and do enjoy it!! Small and compact, plus it is my wife favorite to shoot!!!! :wink: , blow back is a bit soft but enjoyable!!!! It has the stick mags that o not really slide "pop" right out but need a little assistance to come out!!!! Nice weight to it, feels good in the hands!!!! Plus it is decently priced!!!!! I would recommend!!!!

Thanks. Appreciate the advice. I saw the nickel slide on replicaairguns.ca for $74. A good price from what I have seen around the net. Is it as well made as all of the reviews say? Love the px4 but the slide has a slight rattle. The quality fit and finishbof a gun means alot to me. My wife enjoys shooting too!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:06 pm 

I do understand about the PX4 slide " I have one also" The CP99 quality is a bit better but not by much, all blow backs to a certain extent have the wobble in the slide but it does not hurt the performance and are a realistic copies, but the CP99 is closer to the real thing compared to the PX4 because the slide will lock back on the "last round".... :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:45 am 

For the sake of any future reference to this thread, let's note that you're talking about the CP99 Compact, which is a blowback bb pistol. The CP99 is an entirely different beast.

Edit: P.S. I'd seriously consider buying the CZ75-P07 (I have and like both). The realism and quality of fit and finish is great, and I'd say it's more accurate than the CP 99 Compact.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:24 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
For the sake of any future reference to this thread, let's note that you're talking about the CP99 Compact, which is a blowback bb pistol. The CP99 is an entirely different beast.

Edit: P.S. I'd seriously consider buying the CZ75-P07 (I have and like both). The realism and quality of fit and finish is great, and I'd say it's more accurate than the CP 99 Compact.

Thanks for the input. I am glad I found a a p07 owner. I have a further questions for you. The p07 is roughly $130 online. The nonblowback version is only $71.99. I am not looking to spend alot on my bb plinker for the summer. Do you know if the nonblowback is of the same quality as the blowback version? If it is I may go for the cheaper version. I absolutely love the look of this gun. Would the non-bb have a few more fps due to co2 not being diverted for blowback?