Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Hi, All
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:36 pm 

Never knew there was a CAF until I stumbled upon it while searching Crosman info. I live in Eastern Ontario on 12 1/2 acres of mixed forest. No nearby neighbours to worry about. Do my own maple syrup each spring and have a large veggie garden in the summer as well as a few fruit trees. As you can imagine, 4 legged pests can be a problem, so use an air rifle to discourage them. Don't want to kill them, just want to keep them from pilfering my veggies. Dog keeps the smaller ones away, but the larger ones sometimes need a sting in the butt to chase them off and make them think twice about returning.

Looking forward to other folks comments and experience about the air gun/rifle world in Canada.

Post subject: Re: Hi, All
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:06 pm 

Welcome FirstHobo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:51 pm 

Welcome to the forum, Hobo.
Thanks for joining us; we look forward to your participation.
If you haven't already done so, please read and keep in mind the rules of this forum.
You'll find them here: https://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/forum34.html

Also, members here consider adding your location to your profile a standard courtesy.
Here's how to do it: topic80653.html

By the way, how do you know if it's just going to be a sting in the butt, rather than an open wound that will fester into a painful and poisoning open wound?

Enjoy your membership.
Murray.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:10 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:

By the way, how do you know if it's just going to be a sting in the butt, rather than an open wound that will fester into a painful and poisoning open wound?

:?:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:53 am 

Welcome!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:47 pm 

[quote="wllm995"][quote="Edmonton<500"]

Well, my deck is about 75 to 100 feet from my garden area. I use .177 wadcutters along with a low-velocity rifle, so the chance of penetrating a deer, moose or bear hide is highly unlikely.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:26 pm 

FirstHobo wrote:
wllm995 wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:

Well, my deck is about 75 to 100 feet from my garden area. I use .177 wadcutters along with a low-velocity rifle, so the chance of penetrating a deer, moose or bear hide is highly unlikely.

Yes, highly, but we never know how much you know unless we ask. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:25 am 

Hi FirstHobo & welcome aboard - this is a great site for all sorts of air gun info, so do enjoy. In what part of eastern Ontario are you located - I'm in Ottawa.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:24 pm 

We're located north of Hwy 7 near the town of Northbrook. Our place is really out in the sticks - on a busy day you might see 5 or 6 cars go past on our road. Nearest neighbour is about 2 Km away. Retired up here 16 years ago and enjoying the 'country' life. Used to be an avid hunter years ago, but these days I hunt with a camera - an amazing abundance and variety of wildlife around here.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:49 pm 

FirstHobo wrote:
Used to be an avid hunter years ago, but these days I hunt with a camera - an amazing abundance and variety of wildlife around here.

I really dig the way you hunt... 8) :supz: :prayer:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:56 pm 

FirstHobo wrote:
but these days I hunt with a camera - an amazing abundance and variety of wildlife around here.

:)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:30 am 

FirstHobo wrote:
We're located north of Hwy 7 near the town of Northbrook. Our place is really out in the sticks - on a busy day you might see 5 or 6 cars go past on our road. Nearest neighbour is about 2 Km away. Retired up here 16 years ago and enjoying the 'country' life. Used to be an avid hunter years ago, but these days I hunt with a camera - an amazing abundance and variety of wildlife around here.

Welcome aboard. My wife's family cottage is by the dam at the south end of Mazinaw.