Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:07 pm 

Hello guys, name's George, been a lot around real guns but never that much around air guns.
Recently purchased a second hand Crossman Nitro Venom (https://www.airgundepot.com/crosman-nitro-venom.html), used it for a while on and off but the other day just broke, cannot pump it anymore. A piece fell off as well, small cylinder...
I hope with the help of the very nice people in here, I will be able to fix it.
I am also interested in knowing the air guns law in Quebec if anyone knows them, or at least point me in the right direction.
Promise will take the time to search the forum before posting questions

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:51 pm 

Hi and welcome from the Eastern Townships George :)

You should start a new topic in the Mods and Repairs section (with pictures if you can). I'm sure you'll get all the help needed to fix your Nitro Venom, which is an easy platform to work on.

As for the laws, you'd be better doing a little search on the net, as this can be rather elaborate. A couple quick ones:

Over 500 fps/4.2 ft-lb you need a PAL.
You need a PAL-rated air gun to hunt in the province of Québec, and you cannot hunt with an air pistol.
No shooting allowed in a city's limit, excepted in a recognized shooting range.
PAL-rated air guns shall be treated like ''real'' firearms.

I'm guessing you already have your PAL, so just use common sense, and google, and you'll be good :wink:

Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:57 pm 

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Airguns from the South Shore...well...close anyway.
You may not know now ...but you'll be soon 'bitten' by the mysterious INAAG bug. See definition further down. :wink:
You'll find alot of very nice and helpful people here that will be very pleased to offer advice or assistance.
Take your time to have a look and read the Forum for info. Lost of that here.
Bienvenue.

Hawk-i
ah yes! INAAG bug is: I Need Another Air Gun :axe:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:10 pm 

Hey there, from one newbie to another :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:46 pm 

Welcome in the club, to late, you'r sick....

6mm
Not enough and to many.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:43 pm 

Thanks for all the replies!
I don't have my PAL yet, I know now I need one, will get it after I repair this gun. Otherwise, no need for one yet.
Well, I started by dismounting the rifle to see if I figure out on my own where the little piece could have fallen off from.... to no avail.
The exploded diagram don't list this piece either. But I swear it fell from the rifle.
To be more specific, I was pumping it and shooting without a pellet a few (maybe 3 times) times, then the piece went into my lap and I could not pump it anymore...
I attached a few pics with my gun in pieces (LOL), the piston seal (I need some advice if I need to change that) and the famous ghost piece.
Thanks in advance for all your replies!

EDIT: Cannot upload more than 3 files... piston seal and ghost piece uploaded

Attachments:
IMG_20190714_142519.jpg
IMG_20190714_142519.jpg [ 473.32 KiB | Viewed 1848 times ]
IMG_20190714_142504.jpg
IMG_20190714_142504.jpg [ 529.13 KiB | Viewed 1848 times ]
IMG_20190714_142428.jpg
IMG_20190714_142428.jpg [ 533.32 KiB | Viewed 1848 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:55 pm 

Hawk-I wrote:
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Airguns from the South Shore...well...close anyway.
You may not know now ...but you'll be soon 'bitten' by the mysterious INAAG bug. See definition further down. :wink:
You'll find alot of very nice and helpful people here that will be very pleased to offer advice or assistance.
Take your time to have a look and read the Forum for info. Lost of that here.
Bienvenue.

Hawk-i
ah yes! INAAG bug is: I Need Another Air Gun :axe:

LOL, yes, I might get bitten...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:24 pm 

zozoramelul wrote:
Thanks for all the replies!
I don't have my PAL yet, I know now I need one, will get it after I repair this gun. Otherwise, no need for one yet.
Well, I started by dismounting the rifle to see if I figure out on my own where the little piece could have fallen off from.... to no avail.
The exploded diagram don't list this piece either. But I swear it fell from the rifle.
To be more specific, I was pumping it and shooting without a pellet a few (maybe 3 times) times, then the piece went into my lap and I could not pump it anymore...
I attached a few pics with my gun in pieces (LOL), the piston seal (I need some advice if I need to change that) and the famous ghost piece.
Thanks in advance for all your replies!

EDIT: Cannot upload more than 3 files... piston seal and ghost piece uploaded

George, the small round piece in the first two pictures goes on the right side of the cocking arm of your rifle (circled in red in the picture). You will need to put it back in place before you can cock your rifle, and find a way to make it stay in place. Also check if you have the small plastic ''shoe'' that rides between the cocking arm and main tube (red arrow). If not you will severely gouge the tube when you cock the rifle.

Attachments:
1a.JPG
1a.JPG [ 46.8 KiB | Viewed 1831 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:46 pm 

Your gun was designed to be non pal anyway and with the shape of that piston seal I wouldn't worry about shooting over 500 fps anyway.... :wink: Nice gun though...Ive had the pal rated Venom for 7 years now and still shoots great....with a little tweeking here and there....enjoy...