Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: New Guy
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:17 pm 

Hello, from Elliot Lake , Ontario . I recently retired and was looking into getting set up for air gun activities .

I will be looking for advice on rules and regs for Ontario , what can I import and own etc.. Trusted suppliers and so on .

JD

Post subject: Re: New Guy
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:36 pm 

Well, JD, you've come to the right place, and welcome aboard.
Lots of great info on this site, and I'm sure you'll find helpful advice once you begin your enquiries.
And, thanks for posting an into; we members appreciate it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:56 pm 

Welcome! Lots of great guys on here =)

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:42 am 

Thanks guys . From some forum reading it seems we are limited to a lower FPS than our U.S. neighbors ? Is there a threshold where a PAL is required ? My main interest right now is pistol shooting . Honestly , reading through threads I don't know what brands to look out for . I thought I might try something used to get rolling .

JD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:26 am 

Welcome aboard, Your in the right place.
As for your questions Yes there is a limit of 500 fps higher and you need a Pal.
BUT with pistols you have to be extra careful not to exceed the limit. If you are over 500 fps then you have a unregistered restricted weapon on your hands and that's not good if you do not have a restricted License.Best to make sure you are under 500 on pistols.

IMO the Crossman 2240 is a good place to start. Well known gun with lots of Fans and good value for the dollar. Tons of after market parts and lots of Mods you can do to it.
Well sure you will find lots of helpful people and info here. :drinkers:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:23 am 

And maybe a Beeman P17? [emoji38]

Welcome onboard, JD!

Do you have any preference on guns? We know you want to start with pistols, so you want replicas ( usually.177 steel BB guns use co2 as power, lower accuracy but you can have almost the same feeling and looks as the real steel) or 'true' air guns, shoots pellets.177/.22 caliber usually, rifled barrel and can be very accurate , pumper, springer or co2 power plant ( you don't want to start with PCPs right?)...

You may want to check out below guns in Google to see if you want that type, and you can post a new thread then we can start from that ~

Beeman P17 (or HW40);
Hatsan Mod25;
Crosman 2240/1322/1377;
FAS 6004;
Air Venturi V10;
Listone Victor;
KWC Witnesses 1911, SiG P225;
UX Colt Peacemaker SAA, Python, Beretta M92A1, Brotax....

Of course you can just take some time to read our posts which you can get some ideas and you might find some other names from our signatures which are the good guns we love in our collections...

Enjoy your stay ~

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:40 am 

CBS shooter wrote:
Welcome aboard, Your in the right place.
As for your questions Yes there is a limit of 500 fps higher and you need a Pal.
BUT with pistols you have to be extra careful not to exceed the limit. If you are over 500 fps then you have a unregistered restricted weapon on your hands and that's not good if you do not have a restricted License.Best to make sure you are under 500 on pistols.

IMO the Crossman 2240 is a good place to start. Well known gun with lots of Fans and good value for the dollar. Tons of after market parts and lots of Mods you can do to it.
Well sure you will find lots of helpful people and info here. :drinkers:

Good info there ! Thanks . Living up here , I should get a PAL anyway , not too hard .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:42 am 

YepYep wrote:
And maybe a Beeman P17? [emoji38]

Welcome onboard, JD!

Do you have any preference on guns? We know you want to start with pistols, so you want replicas ( usually.177 steel BB guns use co2 as power, lower accuracy but you can have almost the same feeling and looks as the real steel) or 'true' air guns, shoots pellets.177/.22 caliber usually, rifled barrel and can be very accurate , pumper, springer or co2 power plant ( you don't want to start with PCPs right?)...

You may want to check out below guns in Google to see if you want that type, and you can post a new thread then we can start from that ~

Beeman P17 (or HW40);
Hatsan Mod25;
Crosman 2240/1322/1377;
FAS 6004;
Air Venturi V10;
Listone Victor;
KWC Witnesses 1911, SiG P225;
UX Colt Peacemaker SAA, Python, Beretta M92A1, Brotax....

Of course you can just take some time to read our posts which you can get some ideas and you might find some other names from our signatures which are the good guns we love in our collections...

Enjoy your stay ~

PCP's ?? That had a different meaning when I lived in Hamilton decades ago :-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:31 am 

[emoji38] too many short forms and you need to get used to the new words in your new life ~

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe