Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:48 pm 

My username is Foxx007 my real name is Scott. I started into air guns after losing my ability to buy a firearm in the United States anymore. I used to do a lot of hunting and shooting more shooting than hunting but some hunting. I shot a bull moose and a bear in Canada 30 + years ago. My current rifle that I'm spending most of my time on is a Diana Ntec 350 Magnum. I really had a hard time keeping a scope on his rifle it broke three Hawk 2×7×32 scopes. Hawk sent me a new 30 mm 4 to 12 after they replaced the Third 2×7×32. I had the 30 m m on to Diane for a very brief. Of time then put it on a Crosman and it just wouldn't hold zero. I sent it back in and they sent me a new one and it just sitting in the Box because I'm afraid to put it on this rifle. It's a $370 scope. It literally broke the front lens on one and the front and rear lens on the other. In defense of Hawk there was a loose screw on the rail of the Diana which had to be sent back on warranty. I recently got a straight 10 power utg with a glass reticle. And absolutely loved it I thought I was having some zero issues turned out to be the rifle but I had sent it back prior to this knowledge but the one that Amazon replaced was even nicer than the first one I'm totally amazed with this scope and I can buy three and a half of them for the price of the Hawk. We were shooting a little over 100 yards a real 100 yards that was ranged and hitting a Mountain Dew can two out of three times. I was wondering if anyone else out there has had similar issues with her Diana and what day tried that worked. My friend has a machine shop I plan on putting another 6 oz right in front on the breech-block where the site would be hoping to add more mass and intern slow the energy transfer to the barrel. In theory anyway. LOL has anyone ever thought of this or tried it? Thank you all for your time

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:28 pm 

Welcome. Try some heavier pellets to slow it down a little or do some tuning to smooth it out.
As for scopes, good luck, I have broken two myself. Next one was going to try a Discovery rated for magnum springer.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:58 pm 

Magnum springers kill scopes.
I've been using this scope on 2 HW springers, a 97 in .177 and a 98 in .22 for over 5 years. The scopes have held up perfectly, but these rifles
are not what you would call magnums. The .17 runs 890fps with Predators and the .22 is between 640 and 700fps depending on pellet used.
I would also suggest the heaviest pellet you can find, as in 10.5gr. to 13.0gr. in .177 & 19.09 to 24gr. in .22.
https://dlairgun.com/collections/leaper ... 7465723964
In the bottom picture, the M98 is carrying a 3-9X BugBuster scope. I removed that scope and put it on a Chinese B28 or C28 or some such, their version of the Diawa 350 magnum.
That magnum springer broke that scope in less than 50 shots. Actually, it seized the power ring which could not be turned.
The Accushot (Leapers) scopes have been just great on the WH springers. These guns are 14 to 15 fpe rifles.

Attachments:
010_zpsd24f74d3.jpg
010_zpsd24f74d3.jpg [ 80.73 KiB | Viewed 1333 times ]
HW Rifles and Scopes 65 percent.jpg
HW Rifles and Scopes 65 percent.jpg [ 232.8 KiB | Viewed 1335 times ]