Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:05 am 

Hey folks. I’m in Montréal Quebec. I am a sound supervisor and mixer for tv/cinema. Amazing forum. Great place you have here. Happy to join. Taking my air gunning to next level. I have previously only had springers and c02 handguns. Mostly in my youth but now family , kids etc and time to play for serious ! I also used to be heavy into tournament paintball (speedball) and custom guns. I still have a modded to hell bob long autococker and two spyders.

I still own a few guns from my teenage years, a 20 year old Mendoza rm422 (working beautifully for what it is) as well as an old .117 springer from czechoslovakia. The Czech gun was broken and recently took it apart with my 7 year old son and fixed it up. Was as simple as reconnecting an arm that pushes the spring. Seals seem fine on both guns, both smoke with a little oil in the barrel. The .117 doesn’t shoot very powerful but me and the kids are having a blast target shooting in the basement and around the yard. The Mendoza however is heavy as a tank and probably not even breaking 400fps (don’t have a chrony yet) but is quite enjoyable and got it shooting well.

I just ordered a new rifle. I am waiting for my order to arrive with the Artemis CR600w in .22 c02 power. (I was intimidated by PCP but now I’m gearing up to get into that next.

Ordered a scope, front barrel band to help with harmonics and a custom 2 stage trigger from Wes who has been a super help with guiding me. All the new toys should be arriving within the coming week and am very excited to take this pastime more seriously.

Thanks for having me and looking forward to sharing the passion.

Crossman Backpacker .22
1970s Relum Telly .177
1970s Slavia Liberty .177
Crossman 357 .177

Last edited by QuebecPlinker on Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:34 am 

Welcome aboard.
Great place to hang out. I am considering the Artemas 600 also.
cheers
terry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:22 pm 

tango wrote:
Welcome aboard.
Great place to hang out. I am considering the Artemas 600 also.
cheers
terry

Thanks ! I can’t wait to get it and test ! Just got word from post office I can pick it up tomorrow ! Woo!

Crossman Backpacker .22
1970s Relum Telly .177
1970s Slavia Liberty .177
Crossman 357 .177

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:05 pm 

Welcome, Quebec Plinker. This is a indeed, a great forum for air-gun related STUFF.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:16 am 

Hi and Bienvenue.
Not a large concentration of 'us' Quebecers in Mtl into airguns. We're pretty much spread out...but all great people here and avid to be of help or assistance with knowledge and experience.
Welcome aboard and all the best. Hope you're now enjoying that CR600w. Both Wes and Raman (CSS) are great to deal with and also some of the guys with their offerings in the For Sale section for your 'next one'....because there will be a 'next one' ...trust me. :wink:
Happy shooting,

Hawk-i

KRAL Puncher .177
CZ-200S lam. .177
Weihrauch HW50S Stl
Cometa Fusion .22
HatsanAT44&95 .22
FAS 6004T
Weihrauch HW44 .22
'HAVE GUN. WILL SHOOT'