Canadian Airgun Forum
https://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/

Hallo!
https://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/topic89348.html
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Sergei1950 [ Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:22 am ]
Post subject:  Hallo!

Hi, I am Sergei Bogolepov,MD from Novosibirsk,Russia. 70 y/o beginner. This August start shooting IZH 53 air-pistol. Just in my own appartment. Have some eye catharract and severe upperspine ostheoartritis )) What can be the first decent goal that worth achieving?

Author:  jckstrthmghty [ Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Hallo!

Sergei1950 wrote:
Hi, I am Sergei Bogolepov,MD from Novosibirsk,Russia. 70 y/o beginner. This August start shooting IZH 53 air-pistol. Just in my own appartment. Have some eye catharract and severe upperspine ostheoartritis )) What can be the first decent goal that worth achieving?


Welcome

The IZH-53 is a fine target shooting pistol. If you are interested in ISSF 10m which the IZH-53 was designed for, getting 10 out of 10 shots in the black portion of a regulation target is a good place to start. Consistency matters far more than hitting one "bullseye". If I had to give one piece of advice to any new pistol shooter using the irons, focus only on the front sight. The front sight should be sharp, the rear sight and target blurry.

Have fun with your excellent pistol.

Author:  Sergei1950 [ Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hallo!

jckstrthmghty wrote:
Sergei1950 wrote:
Hi, I am Sergei Bogolepov,MD from Novosibirsk,Russia. 70 y/o beginner. This August start shooting IZH 53 air-pistol. Just in my own appartment. Have some eye catharract and severe upperspine ostheoartritis )) What can be the first decent goal that worth achieving?


Welcome

The IZH-53 is a fine target shooting pistol. If you are interested in ISSF 10m which the IZH-53 was designed for, getting 10 out of 10 shots in the black portion of a regulation target is a good place to start. Consistency matters far more than hitting one "bullseye". If I had to give one piece of advice to any new pistol shooter using the irons, focus only on the front sight. The front sight should be sharp, the rear sight and target blurry.

Have fun with your excellent pistol.

Thanks a lot for excellent advice with sights. But actually IZH 53 is litter gun. Jumps unpredictactable due technical design. The youth competitors in my city (more than 1,5 million people) where not able to get more than 67 from 100 (ten shots). Coaches decided it will be never used in competitions. The minimum gun is IZH 46. I have got an old one 46 and shoot it today. Got only 141 from 200. Sometime hit the "white" at 5 and 6. (( It looks like that 150/200 or more than 75 from ten shots (minimum Marksman standard that I got from this forum) will be adequate starting goal. Keeping ten from ten in black can give about 80 from 100 ))) and it can take me to stable Marcman level ))

Author:  jckstrthmghty [ Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hallo!

Opps. My mistake. Yes the 46, not 57. Sorry about that. 80/100 is not bad. Most local matches are out of 600 so something else to work towards. Consistency over 60 shots is hard and tiring. For me anyways.

Author:  Sergei1950 [ Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Hallo!

Today I have got only 70 from 100, not 80 ))) I think I better shoot from "bench" as recommended by ISSF for old guys like me plus practice a little bit stances for endurance and stability.

Author:  YepYep [ Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Hallo!

The Izzy 46 is good~
Shooting bench rested is good too~
10 yards is a good distance too~ (in my basement I got 9 yards... Poor guy~)

Both the above are my plinking favorites~ ;) (sorry~ not competition favor~)

Welcome to the forum!

Author:  Sergei1950 [ Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Hallo!

YepYep wrote:
The Izzy 46 is good~
Shooting bench rested is good too~
10 yards is a good distance too~ (in my basement I got 9 yards... Poor guy~)

Both the above are my plinking favorites~ ;) (sorry~ not competition favor~)

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/