Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Hill MK4 PCP pump issues
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:44 am 

I just bought a new Hill MK4 PCP pump thinking it might be time to upgrade from the FX pump I have been using. Unfortunately right out of the box the Hill pump has an issue, it will pump for a stroke or two properly, pausing for a second on the top and bottom of each stroke, then it will pump on the down stroke but not transfer the air, kind of like a check valve isn't working so the handle just pushes up. If I then pull the handle up and down a bit it will draw on the up stroke and make a proper down stroke. I added a parts break down in hope that it will help describing the parts easier.
I could mail it back for warranty but I am hoping someone might have seen this problem already and tell me what needs to be done. Any ideas? Thanks, Bryan

Attachments:
img017.jpg
img017.jpg [ 619.32 KiB | Viewed 2178 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:58 am 

I have just heard back from the company that sold it to me, Hill has had a number of defective pumps and I am to return it to them for a replacement, it's kind of a pain to return it but they mentioned that if I disassemble it there is no warranty. The surprising thing is that Hill claims to test each pump before shipping.... I hope the replacement is better....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:21 pm 

I've had my Mk 3 that I bought new for almost 3 years and no problems.
I should really replenish the dessicant beads that are supposed to dry the incoming air.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:30 am 

Update on the Hill MK4 pump problem.... I sent the pump back and received a new one which had the same problem, sent it back to get another with the same problem. I searched another forum and found this thread

http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/ind ... ic=92945.0

I contacted Hill directly and they are sending me the same o-ring with an apology . They emailed the directions to install it looks simple enough.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:10 am 

I received the new o-ring from Hill by expedited UPS, quite a surprise I figured mail would be the norm, and installed it as per the instructions provided. It repaired the problem entirely and I have used it for 3 sessions without any issues.
I have to compliment Hill on their commitment to customer satisfaction, they also provided a few extra bits in the package for my troubles.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:26 am 

Glad you got your pump fixed, Hill has good service.