Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: The Disco Max
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:24 pm 

Well my Maximus just collects dust and cat hair literately. Guess nobody really wanted it. Hook hummed about springers. Said well I'm not going to get a gun with this much power and no voodo grip required. I might as well start using it again. So once again ordered a new PCP pump.

It already had a trigger and upgraded valve screws. Most of my shooting is plinking so wanted to swap to 177. I didn't like the 26" barrel and the droop, so I ordered a 1760 SE barrel, Disco front sight base. So should look better and have no droop. I bought a 177 extended probe and larger handle. I might recess a earth magnet in the stock, to keep the bolt from flipping up during firing.

And a Gmac power adjuster.

Post subject: Re: The Disco Max
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:09 pm 

Nice! Sounds like you are getting a new gun out of it anyway [emoji846]
Did you notice dlairgun have those 24" barrels for $29? Good deal I thought.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:32 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
Nice! Sounds like you are getting a new gun out of it anyway [emoji846]
Did you notice dlairgun have those 24" barrels for $29? Good deal I thought.

No 177 24" barrel. And BC so probably expensive shipping.

Well Scopes and Ammo sells it for 32$, but wants that much just for shipping.
Gravel wanted 40.xx 23$ in Shipping
CSS wanted 39.99, but 19 in Shipping.

+ 15% taxes. CSS came out the cheapest.

Gmac where I ordered most of my parts wanted 45 GBP. Now I ordered from them because was cheaper than CSS. Paid 38 for my power adjuster, not 71.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:14 pm 

Oops, I didn't notice they didn't have 177. My bad. I bought one in 22 with a bunch of pellets and paid $18 shipping if I remember right. That was to Saskatchewan though.
Shipping is always a killer in Canada. Interesting to see how you like the new barrel for accuracy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:53 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
Oops, I didn't notice they didn't have 177. My bad. I bought one in 22 with a bunch of pellets and paid $18 shipping if I remember right. That was to Saskatchewan though.
Shipping is always a killer in Canada. Interesting to see how you like the new barrel for accuracy.

Well you won't get 1 hole groups from me. I just shoot for fun and at steel swingers. Just swapped to 177, because pellets are cheaper and most of my other guns are 177, so saves on the buying. Never liked the overhang of the 26" barrel.

Bought the PA to be able to tune the power down to about 750 and get more shots than say 20 like I did with it 22.

Well most of my parts I bought from the UK because shipping and the prices were better. Did have to settle for a red power adjuster. Oh well. I see a red power adjuster and I wan't to paint it black.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:16 pm 

I like the look much better. And I like the PA, able to change out springs w/o taking the gun apart.

Bolt still kinda flips up. Might gotta go back to the hair elastic.

Got it set around 800 FPS with 8.2s just around 12 FPE. Waiting on my pump, so I only took a couple shots over the chrony. Just with air that was still in it 1600 PSI. One thing I do not like it the floating breech so I have to mod the transfer port to be shorter a bit.