Canadian Airgun Forum
https://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/

Help!! QB78D End Cap O-Ring Problem
https://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/topic56899.html
Page 1 of 2

Author:  theoffroader [ Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Help!! QB78D End Cap O-Ring Problem

My QB's end cap O-ring has swollen up and is popping
This happend as soon as i went to change co2 and put new stuff in
Very weird and dont know why it is doing it
There is air bubbles in the orings that are bursting :?
It is so big that is comes off with ease and wont ftit into the tube
Hope you guys can help

Here are the pics :)

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Thanks
Brennan 8)

Author:  Ace [ Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Help!! QB78D End Cap O-Ring Problem

Did you put something on that O-ring like oil or grease ?

Author:  theoffroader [ Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Help!! QB78D End Cap O-Ring Problem

Nope nothing :?
It was normal untill i went and put in new co2

Brennan 8)

Author:  Voltar1 [ Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Help!! QB78D End Cap O-Ring Problem

New oring 113

Author:  theoffroader [ Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Help!! QB78D End Cap O-Ring Problem

Thanks walter :)
Do you know what caused this?? :?

Thanks
Brennan 8)

Author:  Ace [ Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Help!! QB78D End Cap O-Ring Problem

You have the newer style end cap much easier to swap out the o-ring
Image

Author:  Dukemeister [ Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Help!! QB78D End Cap O-Ring Problem

theoffroader wrote:
Do you know what caused this?? :?

Thanks
Brennan 8)

BNR (nitrile) O-rings will absorb CO2. They last for a while then swell and perhaps will blister like what you got. My QBs came with a chalky brittle white O-ring that leaked within weeks of service.
If you use a material safe for CO2, your seals will last a long time. I have been using EPDM O-rings in my QB rifles without any problems for 2 yrs. Urethane can also be used, the O-rings on the paintball tank is usually Urethane.

Author:  theoffroader [ Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Help!! QB78D End Cap O-Ring Problem

Dukemeister wrote:
theoffroader wrote:
Do you know what caused this?? :?

Thanks
Brennan 8)

BNR (nitrile) O-rings will absorb CO2. They last for a while then swell and perhaps will blister like what you got. My QBs came with a chalky brittle white O-ring that leaked within weeks of service.
If you use a material safe for CO2, your seals will last a long time. I have been using EPDM O-rings in my QB rifles without any problems for 2 yrs. Urethane can also be used, the O-rings on the paintball tank is usually Urethane.

That explanes why it did that
Do you know of a place online where i can get some??
After a hour it went back down to normal size but still had holes in it

Thanks
Brennan 8)

Author:  rrdstarr [ Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Help!! QB78D End Cap O-Ring Problem

Ace wrote:
You have the newer style end cap much easier to swap out the o-ring
Image


Ace?
Did I send you something not too long ago? Some sort of 2240 part? Could you do the same for me and send me three of those O-rings? Also with the PM where you ordered them in Canada?

Thanks!!!

Author:  Whitewolf [ Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Help!! QB78D End Cap O-Ring Problem

Badlands Paintball out of Calgary have a web site. Contact them. Or make a trip to Wekend Warriors. They will get you set up with urethane orings. Co2 in liquid form. Is not only a cryogenic liquid it also is corrosive. Hence the absorbtion into buna and nitrile materials.

Author:  Ace [ Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Help!! QB78D End Cap O-Ring Problem

rrdstarr wrote:
Ace wrote:
You have the newer style end cap much easier to swap out the o-ring
Image


Ace?
Did I send you something not too long ago? Some sort of 2240 part? Could you do the same for me and send me three of those O-rings? Also with the PM where you ordered them in Canada?

Thanks!!!



Sorry Rick that pic was from this link ebay
http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=qb78+o+ri ... =130&ty=76
If i had some or come across them i"ll send you some for sure. :wink:

Author:  theoffroader [ Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Help!! QB78D End Cap O-Ring Problem

Whitewolf wrote:
Badlands Paintball out of Calgary have a web site. Contact them. Or make a trip to Wekend Warriors. They will get you set up with urethane orings. Co2 in liquid form. Is not only a cryogenic liquid it also is corrosive. Hence the absorbtion into buna and nitrile materials.

My dad is going to see what he has at work
He knows he has some but not sure about the urethane
We will also cheak a few local places
The seal shrunk back down enough that i could use it :)
Its doing 1 ish groupings at 50 yards with the QB :twisted: (not accurate enough :rolleyes: )

Brennan 8)

Author:  rrdstarr [ Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Help!! QB78D End Cap O-Ring Problem

I found urethane rings at Ackland Grainger so no problemo!

Author:  Whitewolf [ Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Help!! QB78D End Cap O-Ring Problem

theoffroader wrote:
Whitewolf wrote:
Badlands Paintball out of Calgary have a web site. Contact them. Or make a trip to Wekend Warriors. They will get you set up with urethane orings. Co2 in liquid form. Is not only a cryogenic liquid it also is corrosive. Hence the absorbtion into buna and nitrile materials.

My dad is going to see what he has at work
He knows he has some but not sure about the urethane
We will also cheak a few local places
The seal shrunk back down enough that i could use it :)
Its doing 1 ish groupings at 50 yards with the QB :twisted: (not accurate enough :rolleyes: )

Brennan 8)

Your dad will probably have nitrile rings at work. They will work well if your not constantly wanting change back and forth from caplets to bulk. I had a pistol on bulk that retained liquid CO2 for over 10yrs. So nitrile will work but urethane is better especially for abraision purposes.(on off)

Author:  theoffroader [ Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Help!! QB78D End Cap O-Ring Problem

We are going to get some O-rings tomorrow
Do you know what size the barrel O-rings are???
My barrel O-rings are getting shredded every time i take out the barrel :?

Thanks Kim
Brennan 8)

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/