Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:27 pm 

Last night I picked up a refurbished 90 two from Princess Auto for some dirt-cheap shooting. I'm pleased that it has a full size magazine housing both CO2 and BBs, and it has both single and double action firing. Only major complaint is the lack of adjustable sights.

I don't know the reason why this gun needed to be sent back to the factory, but the major issue I found with it after bringing it home is that when the magazine is more than 50% full, the trigger is extremely difficult to pull, basically I had to squeeze it with all my strength and then it breaks suddenly causing the gun to jerk, if I can break it at all. I don't know but I'm thinking maybe 40+ lbs pull. I have a pretty powerful grip but with a full magazine it was impossible for me to break the trigger.

I narrowed the problem down to the BB magazine. There is a recess at the top of the magazine which prevents BBs from falling out into the chamber, and a kind of tube pushes the BB forward into the chamber when the trigger is pulled. The recess is a bit too deep, so the process of chambering needs to push the BB downwards against the force of the follower, and when there are many BBs in the magazine, this force is too much for the forward motion of the chambering mechanism to overcome.

The simple fix was just to partially fill the recess in the magazine with a tiny dab of JB Weld. Chambering is still a little stiff with a full magazine, although it is now well doable and is completely possible to control. Feeding is now exceptionally smooth once the magazine has been half emptied.

I have attached a very crude illustration of the problem and the fix, I hope this can help other owners experiencing this problem. Now that I can actually control the trigger, I can do some more accuracy tests tonight. It's a nice BB gun for the price.

Attachments:
90two_magfix.png
90two_magfix.png [ 32.95 KiB | Viewed 817 times ]