Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Umarex PPKS Silencer Kit
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:31 pm 

Hi,

I'm a huge James Bond fan, looking where to purchase a Silencer Kit for the Umarex Walther PPKS.

Thanks,
-Zach

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:36 pm 

zachgriff11 wrote:
Hi,

I'm a huge James Bond fan, looking where to purchase a Silencer Kit for the Umarex Walther PPKS.

Thanks,
-Zach

Hi Zach,
Welcome to our forum. Actually, that's sincere welcome, and we want you to know that we do like to help everyone who's willing to fit in in some way. I'm going to help you by explaining that we expect members to have some essential, remedial skills:
- The ability to comprehend the written word. We asked that you introduce yourself in your first post before posting to other threads.
- The ability to use Google. Many people share info here, and lots of it is collected by using Google effectively. Have you made an effort to find this info yourself?
- Some basic understanding of the air gun laws in Canada, which, unsurprisingly, will require the above-stated skill.
Needless to say, you can find most information on this site without being harassed or ridiculed. But the time will quickly come when memo era will expect you to do some research and report. Thereafter, they will gladly offer their expertise (ginormous amounts) to support your curiosity (followed by investigation).

So, now that I've been unfriendly (which was not my intention, really), here is the answer to your question: any device used to silence or reduce muzzle noise output is illegal in Canada. If you're looking for something that resembles the real thing, because you're such a fan, I'm sure you'll be able to connect with another member who is also a "007" fan and knows a company that's making a faux version of a silencer for the hopefully upcoming-arrival of the Umarex Walther PPKS.

Zach, we look forward to you sticking with us as an active member. I'm sure others will post below me, but feel free to hit the PM button to talk to me directly if you have any questions. I am not an administrator or moderator on this site.

Murray

Post subject: Umarex PPKS Silencer Kit
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:02 am 

I'll echo the previous "welcome to the forum".

What Edmonton<500 has said is true. In Canada a true silencer for an airgun or firearm is definitely illegal.
But that doesn't mean you can't have a faux silencer.
You can try a Google search for a PPK silencer or find an Airsoft silencer and modify it for a PPK.

Have you seen the Walther Nighthawk?
http://www.dlairgun.com/Air-Pistols/Walther/003_Night_Hawk.html
It's pretty similar to a PPK but larger. I have one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:26 am 

Airgun Depot used to sell them. Dont know if they still do.

I got mine from a wholesaler in the US, but I have lost their info.
Needs to me mostly disassembled to instal as the plastic barrel jacket gets replaced with a steel one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:46 pm 

Thanks guys, I'm not some 12 year old kid who went to Canadian Tire. I am well aware of Canadian Firearm laws, which is why I have a PPKS bb gun and not the real deal. I am looking for a faux silencer kit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:49 pm 

Welcome to the forum
In your original post it didn't say anything about a faux silencer, it said "Silencer kit" the guys that replied to your post were only trying to help you stay on the legal side of the law
That said, I hope you post us some awesome pics of the gun when its finished!!!
Id even try sending Umarex an email about interest in the faux silencer, you never know, maybe they have one in the works

Crosman 2240
Daisy 953
Ruger Green Mountain Laminate 10/22+Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO
1950 Russian SKS
Remington 783 30-06 Hawke Vantage 6-24x44 SF