Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:31 pm
Posts: 51
Location: manitoba,winnipeg
hello I would like to bulk fill my crosman 2240 but I do not know where I can get the parts for it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:25 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Alberta
Hello Con
I think your best bet will be the Hi-Pac :)
I have one on my 2240 and it is great
Mind you i think this is only for Nitrogen or HPA (High Pressure Air)
It works great but i have had some very minor problems :|
This must have been a weird one since all of the others work fine :)
The O-ring sealed 98 % and i just had to put a slightly bigger O-ring on :drinkers:
And it is quite reasonably priced
Here is a link to the product webpage
http://www.powermax-hipac.com/Pages/aboutus.aspx
You just want the normal one (No extensions) as it seems to work just fine for me
I am getting around 25-50 shots depending what i am filling to
DO NOT FILL ABOVE 2000 PSI unless you upgrade part and pieces
I have heard that this could damage your rifle so i have only filled from 1200-1500 PSI

You could also use a dummy CO2 cartridge and run a line to a CO2 tank
To be honest i have never used Bulk CO2 so talking to someone like Bob, Al, Walter or Kim i think would be your best bet :wink:

If you have any questions about the Hi-Pac send me a PM :wink:
Brennan 8)

_________________
Brennan 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:41 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member 2013

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:47 pm
Posts: 1689
Location: 123 gun street Nova Scotia
not sure if this is what you'd like . forward or back faceing co2/hpa bottle directly link to 22xx
2240 needs to have the longer valve end to go pass the grip bolt . i sell the valve extension aswell

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:31 pm
Posts: 51
Location: manitoba,winnipeg
theoffroader wrote:
Hello Con
I think your best bet will be the Hi-Pac :)
I have one on my 2240 and it is great
Mind you i think this is only for Nitrogen or HPA (High Pressure Air)
It works great but i have had some very minor problems :|
This must have been a weird one since all of the others work fine :)
The O-ring sealed 98 % and i just had to put a slightly bigger O-ring on :drinkers:
And it is quite reasonably priced
Here is a link to the product webpage
http://www.powermax-hipac.com/Pages/aboutus.aspx
You just want the normal one (No extensions) as it seems to work just fine for me
I am getting around 25-50 shots depending what i am filling to
DO NOT FILL ABOVE 2000 PSI unless you upgrade part and pieces
I have heard that this could damage your rifle so i have only filled from 1200-1500 PSI

You could also use a dummy CO2 cartridge and run a line to a CO2 tank
To be honest i have never used Bulk CO2 so talking to someone like Bob, Al, Walter or Kim i think would be your best bet :wink:

If you have any questions about the Hi-Pac send me a PM :wink:
Brennan 8)


what is Hi-pac? is it the same as hpa?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:31 pm
Posts: 51
Location: manitoba,winnipeg
jezX wrote:
not sure if this is what you'd like . forward or back faceing co2/hpa bottle directly link to 22xx
2240 needs to have the longer valve end to go pass the grip bolt . i sell the valve extension aswell

Image


I would like one with a line


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:25 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Alberta
Quote:
what is Hi-pac? is it the same as hpa?

Hello
A Hi-Pac is basically a high pressure tube that screws into where CO2 cartridge cap would normally go
This turns it into pretty much a PCP
I am not certain if it can run on CO2 but i know it will run on nitrogen and Compressed breathing air
It just screws in and then you fill it up using a SCUBA tank or a nitrogen tank
When you want to use Cartridges again you just simply unscrew it and put your normal cap on with a CO2 where it normally goes
You do not have to do any modifications to the gun for it to work
It just screws in and unscrews out
You can most likely find some videos on youtube of how it works as it is not the easyest to explain in text form

Hope this helps a bit :lol:
Brennan 8)

_________________
Brennan 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:35 pm
Posts: 3099
Location: Alberta Canada
According to the Airmax website the hipac is compatible with Co2 use as a propellent. After seeing this post I did charge a hipac with Co2 upon a 22xx platform to test. More results tonight as to testing.

_________________
May the cry of the pack be with you upon your hunt

Whitewolf


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:25 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Alberta
Whitewolf wrote:
According to the Airmax website the hipac is compatible with Co2 use as a propellent. After seeing this post I did charge a hipac with Co2 upon a 22xx platform to test. More results tonight as to testing.

Looking forward to it :wink:

Brennan 8)

_________________
Brennan 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:31 pm
Posts: 51
Location: manitoba,winnipeg
theoffroader wrote:
Whitewolf wrote:
According to the Airmax website the hipac is compatible with Co2 use as a propellent. After seeing this post I did charge a hipac with Co2 upon a 22xx platform to test. More results tonight as to testing.

Looking forward to it :wink:

Brennan 8)



same here :D
oh yea Brennan how many shots do you get per fill on the HI-PAC and where do you get it refilled?? those co2 tanks gets like 400shots per fill according to my research


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:35 pm
Posts: 3099
Location: Alberta Canada
Well from what I have seen it works quite well. Even with the body tube warmed to close to 100 f no leaks were present. I got just over 70 good shots from a factory set pistol. So it works. But a note of caution it can be over filled where as expansion due to heat can prove to have an adverse affect upon the gun and the owner. Co2 liquid should be filled by weight.

_________________
May the cry of the pack be with you upon your hunt

Whitewolf


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:25 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Alberta
con wrote:
theoffroader wrote:
Whitewolf wrote:
According to the Airmax website the hipac is compatible with Co2 use as a propellent. After seeing this post I did charge a hipac with Co2 upon a 22xx platform to test. More results tonight as to testing.

Looking forward to it :wink:

Brennan 8)



same here :D
oh yea Brennan how many shots do you get per fill on the HI-PAC and where do you get it refilled?? those co2 tanks gets like 400 shots per fill according to my research

I have not used mt 2240 Hi-Pac much lately
Been using my QB78 Hi-Pac and you could subtract 10-15 shots i guess
I have been getting around 40 shots with my QB so wound 30 for the 22XX
Even though the shot count might go down a bit (Mind you i have only filled to 1200 PSI on both of them) You can shoot in the winter time with out the FPS increases and decreases since breathing air or nitrogen it not affected by temperature nearly as much as CO2

I thought it was worth it :D

Brennan 8)
I

_________________
Brennan 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 1137
Location: toronto
I think what they kid wants a co2 setup not HPA.

Hey Con this is basically what i have on my 2260 (see link below) its call boss valve, at the front of the gun instead of the co2 cap i have an adapter with a nipple to connect a hose line that is connected to a co2 tank at the other end, isn't that what u want ?

I dont really think u need the boss valve but u need the adapter for the co2 thank only, only problem is u need to buy online and if im not mistaken u said u dont have a credit card right ?


http://www.crookedbarn.com/airgun_books1.htm

http://www.bryanandac.com/22XX_Parts.htm

_________________
Adolfo


crosman 2240 (modded to target pistol)
crosman 2260 tactical
Beretta px4


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:31 pm
Posts: 51
Location: manitoba,winnipeg
Adolfo wrote:
I think what they kid wants a co2 setup not HPA.

Hey Con this is basically what i have on my 2260 (see link below) its call boss valve, at the front of the gun instead of the co2 cap i have an adapter with a nipple to connect a hose line that is connected to a co2 tank at the other end, isn't that what u want ?

I dont really think u need the boss valve but u need the adapter for the co2 thank only, only problem is u need to buy online and if im not mistaken u said u dont have a credit card right ?


http://www.crookedbarn.com/airgun_books1.htm

http://www.bryanandac.com/22XX_Parts.htm



I was thinking of buying the gmac custom bulk fill parts is that any good?

I don't have a credit card but my parents have one

I would get hpa but I do not know where to fill and buy the scuba tanks since we are not close to the ocean


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 1137
Location: toronto
gmac parts look good too, i have brass gmac parts and they are lovely, i was thinking to but the co2 cap with the adapter for the co2 tanks but that was a few months ago, but now that u mentioned again i still want to buy it, but i don't know how good that gmac co2 cap adapter is, when i bought my 2260 it came with the co2 setup, which means it came with the boss valve, and co2 cap adapter for co2 tanks or paint ball tanks, 3000 psi hose and an emptied co2 tank.

open a new post and ask where to fill scuba tanks in your area or city, but u will need to buy a tank too, i want to go HPA on my guns and i want to buy some pcp rifles too but there is not way im gonna use a hand pump to fill them up so scuba tank is the way to go for me :D

_________________
Adolfo


crosman 2240 (modded to target pistol)
crosman 2260 tactical
Beretta px4


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:49 pm
Posts: 132
Location: Winnipeg
con wrote:
I would get hpa but I do not know where to fill and buy the scuba tanks since we are not close to the ocean


Underworld Scuba on Portage Avenue, pretty close to Ferry Road sells and fills tanks. There are other scuba shops, but they will only sell you the tanks and will only fill if you are a certified diver.

Hmmmm...I'm interested in doing an HPA conversion too. If you source the parts, I'd be happy to do the order and then you can pay me when they come in.

Steve


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO