Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:05 pm 

first one to realize whats not quite right here gets an internet cookie,

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:23 pm 

aside from the obvious HPA conversion, aftermarket steel breech, forward stock, and different style bolt

your trigger looks quite recessed :?:

also the feature that you don't immediately notice is the extra long barrel...did i miss anything visible

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:28 pm 

robipaul wrote:
aside from the obvious HPA conversion, aftermarket steel breech, forward stock, and different style bolt

also the feature that you don't immediately notice is the extra long barrel...did i miss anything visible

you missed one thing, but your close, all them things are different then a stock 22xx gun forsure.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:41 pm 

lude wrote:
robipaul wrote:

you missed one thing, but your close, all them things are different then a stock 22xx gun forsure.

i had to take a step back instead of looking close, but i swear your power plant looks to be the one from a QB 78 :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:44 pm 

robipaul wrote:
lude wrote:
robipaul wrote:

i swear your power plant looks to be the one from a QB 78 :shock:

its either a heavily modded 2240, or a heavily modded qb78, not sure what one at this point barrel. but you win the e cookie qb with a 2240 grip frame 2250 stock hardware and a whole lot of internal mods, rva cock on open mostly custom front spring valve, custom hammer. to name a few

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:52 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

It's a QB/AR base, with a Crosman trigger frame, 2250 forearm and a removable stock. The picture cannot be enlarged, so it's tough to see the barrel in any detail. For all intents and purposes, I would suggest that as the 'base' or 'frame' is a QB, is should be classified as a heavily modded QB.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:21 pm 

AirGunEric wrote:
It's a QB/AR base, with a Crosman trigger frame, 2250 forearm and a removable stock. The picture cannot be enlarged, so it's tough to see the barrel in any detail. For all intents and purposes, I would suggest that as the 'base' or 'frame' is a QB, is should be classified as a heavily modded QB.

its a stock length qb barrel, stock tube and stock breach, custom bolt, rva thats tapped for the rear grip frame bolt so its no just threaded into the tube, custom hammer so the bolt goes all the way back with the cock on open, basically nothing in the tube is stock, from the end cap to the valve. and soon i will be making a 24 inch tube for it to run it on 3000psi and building a custom valve of a different design. and a breach to take m-rod mags, in the end its not going to have much qb in it besides some design features, and maybe barrels

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:42 pm 

Sweet "mutt" as you called it.. I would call it a work of art! 8) I'm still a newb to all this but haven't seen any even close to this.. is it all from you or were you inspired by another?

The pcp tube I would definitely do again... I'm still non-pal, so my set up once complete will have a high shot count. Even at full power your still going to get 30-40 shots at 3000. right now I'm at 1600-1700 (without the delrin valve stem :wink: ) and get about that many shots, haven't counted yet. I had to do a lot of fiddling to get the valve restricted to stay under 499fps. What does your "QBman" get for shot count?

"When Obi-wan talked about the darkside of the force who knew he was referring to windows...?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:50 pm 

doublevision wrote:
Sweet "mutt" as you called it.. I would call it a work of art! 8) I'm still a newb to all this but haven't seen any even close to this.. is it all from you or were you inspired by another?

The pcp tube I would definitely do again... I'm still non-pal, so my set up once complete will have a high shot count. Even at full power your still going to get 30-40 shots at 3000. right now I'm at 1600-1700 (without the delrin valve stem :wink: ) and get about that many shots, haven't counted yet. I had to do a lot of fiddling to get the valve restricted to stay under 499fps. What does your "QBman" get for shot count?

not sure honestly, i haven't counted enough for me on co2, maybe 35 or 40 in the low 600s havent chronoed it yet but its putting cp pointed's though 3/4 inch of pine and denting the steel behind it, and is still quieter then a stock 2240, somehow,

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:47 pm 

Your scope is on backwards.

Kidding, great looking build.

TBark