Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:54 am 

We all know and love the 1399 plastic 'insta-carbine' stock crosman offers.
Some love it less than others, but it does what it's meant to and without much fuss at all.

This post is meant to be about what trigger options are available for a 22xx based tube.
Part of that is the stock attached, hence mention of the classic plastic.

I'm toying with attaching some wood in place of the cheap but functional stock and reckon a good start is a known slab sourced from a 2260 as they are still available at reasonable cost. What comes with that though is the need to switch from the hand grips and trigger assembly from the original gun.
I have had success smoothing and lightening the stock hand grip trigger down to predictable and light pull, so expect that's possible with a 2260 trigger group too. What I don't know is all the other options are available that bolt up.

I have read that marauder triggers will bolt up, but without adjustable hammer swap or mods hammer can interfere with the drop sear.
The pistol marauder may work too, but is not a stock compatible option without a custom stock.

I welcome input on a rifle type trigger group option for 22xx tubes as well as sources and costs.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:38 pm 

One of the best triggers Crosman had is the 160-180-400 units. Unless I miss my guess, they will bolt right up to a 22xx tube, using the valve retainer screw. I have a 180 but no 22xx to test it with. It will however line up perfectly with an Mrod's trigger. :mrgreen:

HTH :drinkers: Bart

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:47 pm 

Interesting, but is the valve centered - typically with the bolt head on the retaining bolt.
What's different about the trigger groups you mention?

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:10 pm 

The best trigger platform i have is from high Pressure Air in Idaho. I have the trigger set at 1lb right now with very little creep and a crisp break! Yeah it is $85, and you need an AR-15 style grip, but beats the hell out of the crosman grip frame! I bought a walnut grip from a guy in California who makes Wood AR-15 stocks, forearms and grips.

I'll post a pic tonight, like 4am my time!

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:27 pm 

Rick I cant wait to see the pics ...but I will.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:37 pm 

I'm not opposed to a pistol grip - hell I prefer it, but I need options for a rifle stock trigger.
I don't want to dissuade anyone from posting cool grip frames, but not why I asked about trigger groups.
I have no problems with the stock grip frame and trigger setup - in fact am surprised at how clean and crisp it can be made to break with just a little attention, but I'm bolting on a disco stock and need options for sending the hammer to the valve that works like an m-rod or disco.

I think your grip is here:
http://www.hpasports.com/pages/product- ... s_url_id=0
Sharp. They offer AR style stock adapters too which look great, just not where I'm headed with this.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:11 pm 

Finished what I was doing earlier, and rechecked the fit of the older 180 trigger to the Mrod and to my 1377. :( Sadly the sear location on the 180 is farther from the end cap than the 13xx/22xx. Otherwise the 180 unit is a nice trigger. It looks like the best trigger for what you want to do will be either the Disco or Mrod. Both are known to fit.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:17 am 

blarg wrote:
I'm not opposed to a pistol grip - hell I prefer it, but I need options for a rifle stock trigger.
I don't want to dissuade anyone from posting cool grip frames, but not why I asked about trigger groups.
I have no problems with the stock grip frame and trigger setup - in fact am surprised at how clean and crisp it can be made to break with just a little attention, but I'm bolting on a disco stock and need options for sending the hammer to the valve that works like an m-rod or disco.

I think your grip is here:
http://www.hpasports.com/pages/product- ... s_url_id=0
Sharp. They offer AR style stock adapters too which look great, just not where I'm headed with this.

If you change your mind blarg, I have about 6 AR adapters waiting for sale, also have power adjusters, muzzle brakes, etc....

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22