Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:32 pm 

Hey Guys,
I have been shooting my Hatsan 125 sniper .22 for a bit now, went though about a 1000 shots and tried many pellets. It seems to like the crossman destroyers and H&N barracuda extreme the most. Although it does like these pellets, my groupings have been quite erratic at 20 and 25 yards lately, none under a toonie the last i've seen. I've also noticed smoke coming from the barrel after some shots still (usually with the CPHP pellets) and i figured it would be normal during break-in but it shouldn't be still dieseling. Also sometimes very lately when cocking i've noticed a resistance like something is not lubed or a slight grinding and i don't know how to do this myself (i am scared to destroy my gun). I am wondering if there is anyone in the Nova Scotia area who provides a tuning service. I read about this model of gun having a less-than-average piston seal also, and that deburring is a must with the gun out of the box to save the original seal. Also perhaps the gun is over-lubed from factory, so maybe some use of moly or de-lube and re-lube job might be needed. I don't think i have the tools or shop to do this myself, so i was wondering if anyone provides a service. If not, i may attempt to try it myself the next time i am near some friends with the right garage setup to attempt this.
Thanks!