Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Two little Slavias
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:17 pm 

Over the weekend went pawnshopping for the heck of it cause you never know what you might find. This one particular small, dirty, unorganized shop had things piled upon things and then piled on top of that. You actually had to dig thru small mountains of stuff to see what was all there.
In a small corner underneath a ton of whatevers I found 2 Slavias! A 622 and a 618. The Mrs. looks at me and says" takes you to find the pellet guns :roll: ". They were in decent shape, both cocked so that was a good start.The 622 was missing the elevation screw and the 618 was missing the front hood, so almost complete. The Mrs. gave me a reluctant but encouraging nod. I already have quite an extensive collection, but she knew I couldn't leave without them. So after a couple minutes of haggling with the shopkeeper, we left with the little guns in tow. I have a 620 for a number of years now and really like it so I thought I would give these little guys a chance.
When we got home I shot them both a few times and they did pretty good. I decided to take the 622 apart first to do a tune and lube and to my dismay there was a finishing nail embedded in the piston seal and the sides had some gouging and little chunks missing. I was surprised at how well it shot considering how much damage the piston seal took.
Luckily the compression chamber did not receive any damage upon further investigation.
Is there anybody out there that knows where I can find a replacement piston seal new or used or maybe make one out of love for AG's and a small fee? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Here is the lil' 622 in bits!
And here is the 618 waiting its turn for the lube and tune before it gets put into service!
Once again, any help with the piston seal would be marvellous! Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Two little Slavias
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:57 pm 

i tried finding a seal for one i rebuilt and good luck is all i have to say i couldn't find them anywhere so i went ahead and made them myself, which was pretty easy. i wrote a small part on how to make them if you want to read it and try its easy!
topic60967.html (on page 2)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:24 pm 

Hey Pat, thanks for your response. The thing is that the 622 has a synthetic seal and I believe that the pistons are different. It does not look like I could get a leather seal to stay put even if I drill and tap for a screw and washer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:28 pm 

Ohhh sorry i thought it was the slavia 618 that the piston was killed if im not mistaken the 618 are pretty much the same thing as the 624

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:05 pm 

I recently restore my 624 with around 458 hour of pain search on the *****google
But im really stubborn and no *bad word***ing way that old piece of **** gonna stay in that creepy shape.
But What a pain in the buttock to try understand czech ... A charm
I have a old keepsake to check up on ...
mine was a way in worst condition that yours ...all rusted , after unjammed it, make a weird sound of craps !
inside ,i found exactly the same little funny thing ,but its 100% our fault... because , in our little bad buttock, 12 years old mind ,its really more funny and dangerous shooting nails and the best of all free .
My piston is damaged but no worry about it ,in the process i project to all polish anything to mirror with a paste. Inside ,outside except the barrel who was in mint condition with all his rifles all perfect grooves , pretty weird but i don't complain. are you just think 2 sec, try finding another one...
The piston seal was completely busted , if your was in rubber - try this one I'm sure it gonna make it http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141360747107
If was in leather you can do it by yourself and in the same way make a breach seal in piece of think leather like old belt or order one here -
http://www.airgunspares.com/store/produ ... on-Washer/
You probably could find here the breach seal too

soak your leather in oil during 2 day and you can make a perfect fit
And if you fall in patience to achieve it , i just can say :"do it , you just cant think how accurate and smooth it was .."
You can really shoot in your previous hole with no trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:06 am 

Search my past posts on slavia's for websites that sell spares.
Chambers in the UK, CZ sells parts direct for some models, and slavia guy in the USA for current models.