Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:33 pm 

Just adding a seal to the to the standard "bare" breach seal is an improvement. My source is not from some lighters, but from the Thermocell bug repellent butane bottle seal. It fits perfectly. The brass fitting the o-ring seal came off looks like it has to have a potential use somewhere as well. I save all my Thermocell butane bottles now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:07 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

I refill my Thermacell butane, no way am I paying their prices.
YouTube it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:35 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

I am having a bit of a problem understanding the situation here; What is a "bare breach seal"? The 13xx/22xx platform products have a metal transfer port and a rubber seal on them. In days gone by, people would replace them with plastic tubing (to very little real effect other than alot of time and effort making things fit). The factory setup seals well when installed correctly- so what is this improvement? Replacing the buna seal with a piece of brass from these Thermacell tanks?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:46 pm 

Eric I think what he is talking about is the top of the TP not having any type of seal on it a lot of ppl take the o-ring from a throwaway lighter and put it on the TP to seal it

Jim

Crosman 2240 stubby
Crosman 116
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman 2260
Crosman AS2250
Winchester M14

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:26 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Ah, ok. I think that might render the new o-ring and the original seal a bit squashed if the gun needs to come apart- but that's what re-seal kits are for, I guess...