Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Power plant upgrade
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:52 pm 

So I'm about to order a new trigger for my Benjamin .22 cause the stock trigger is literally garbage. Would also like to upgrade The power plant. so my question is what would be the better upgrade nitro piston or just spring upgrade. I do want to eventually get a PCP in just wondering if it's really worth the extra like 40$ for the nitro

Post subject: Re: Power plant upgrade
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:45 pm 

I guess it depends on what power level the gun is now, and how much work you're willing to do. The nitro doesn't just drop right in, so you either need to buy more parts which will more than double the cost, or you'll need to improvise and do some work yourself. If it were me I'd just tune it up as is, and if needed get a full power spring. The nitro isn't as great as they claim, and the coil is better than they claim. Things like cold weather and leaving it cocked are bs for the most part. The biggest difference between the two by far is the noise, but the coil can be made as quiet and smooth as the nitro.
And the trigger can be fixed as well to be just as good or better than the aftermarket ones.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:05 am 

Well I am only currently shooting less than 495 the upgrade kit from scopes and ammo comes with everything you need for an extra 50$ over the spring kit and if there is minor mods needed I am a mechanic so working with tools and metal does not scare me at all. And ether way no matter which power plant I go with the trigger will be done it's easy and from the reviews iv heard of the gtx II trigger is well worth the 40$ for not having to mess around just drop in and adjust

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:19 pm 

I can save you the $40 on the trigger buy doing it yourself, and can explain how to add a nitro. It also depends on what gun you have and what was done to it to reduce the power. Write me at chevota at hotmail for the trigger info which also includes tuning info for the gun. If you get your hands an a full power spring which are <$6 US$, you can get full power from the gun.