Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Crosman 357 stem seal
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:35 pm 

Hi everyone. I went to order a replacement valve stem seal 357-041 from Gravel for my Phase I Crosman 357 and was told that they no longer make that part. I'm sure I could have found one at D&L but I just couldn't bare to pay $4.00 for 1 washer and $5.00 for shipping. I tried using a rubber washer but it was just too soft. I ended up searching online and came across someone who made some Teflon washers from rod stock so I went hunting for an exact match in that material. I could only find a supplier who would sell 1000 pcs at a time for the exact same size so I had to compromise. I thought it had to have the right outer diameter so I wouldn't skimp on that. So I found a seller on eBay who had 10 pieces for $3.80 shipped. The problem being that the inner diameter was off by about a millimeter and the thickness and outer diameter were correct. Well today I went to install the washer and sure enough it holds the pressure just like it should. Glad I hunted this down as I can now repair another 357 that my father in-law has. I also used regular o-rings from my Princess Auto o-ring kit to seal the two 357-A054 quad seals and the 38-130 front valve stem seal so all in all it cost me under a dollar to revive my crippled 357. I hope this helps anyone who has a 357 Phase I that is in need of new seals and doesn't want to pay more for the parts than the gun is worth.

Doug

Attachments:
Auction.jpg
Auction.jpg [ 222.43 KiB | Viewed 609 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:14 am 

Good info, thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:35 pm 

Thanks for the info greatly helped. Just bought one that the seals in the valve were gone, I also used a seal from PA for the 38-130, works like a charm!!! I turned the 357-041 around for now and it worked, but just ordered the ones from e-bay. Awesome!!!