Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:29 pm 

Has anyone tried using this? Was it worth the investment cost and effective enough to tame and get the most accuracy and efficiency for the gun say at 850fps, using 18 grains 22 calibre JSB's?

Your inputs would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by apitagan on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:47 pm 

As to which caliber are you refering and grain of ammo used.
Bit more information can result in a better answer from those who have done as such with these regs.

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:00 pm 

Whitewolf wrote:
As to which caliber are you refering and grain of ammo used.
Bit more information can result in a better answer from those who have done as such with these regs.

Calibre 22 with JSB 18 grainers. Sorry about that. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:30 pm 

I don't know anything about Altaros regulators, but do a search on this forum on Audrius regulators. I know that some airgunners, Knappr, for example, had great success with them on Hatsan rifles.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:18 pm 

I have one, works ok. But he may need to also ship you an extra piece that has 2 more o rings as the BT65 cylinders have been found to be not completed round, thus producing air leaks at the regulator, atleast mine does.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:52 pm 

jaxcat wrote:
I have one, works ok. But he may need to also ship you an extra piece that has 2 more o rings as the BT65 cylinders have been found to be not completed round, thus producing air leaks at the regulator, atleast mine does.

Thanks! I'll remember to bring that up with Altaros when I put my order. I just read that they are now selling the reg with 2 o rings and spare ones to replace if it starts to leak.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:13 pm 

check out the extra seal video on his bt65 regulator page under videos - then you see what I mean

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:56 pm 

jaxcat wrote:
check out the extra seal video on his bt65 regulator page under videos - then you see what I mean

Yes thanks! The reg will come with the extra o-rings .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:19 pm 

we are probably saying the same thing but I just don't want you to be disappointed, all of his regulators come with extra o rings, with the bt65 unit he has an additional machined piece that holds a few more o rings. That piece slides over the end that you adjust and butts up to the main reg body. Like I said we are probably saying the same thing, just don't want you to get any surprises.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:18 pm 

jaxcat wrote:
we are probably saying the same thing but I just don't want you to be disappointed, all of his regulators come with extra o rings, with the bt65 unit he has an additional machined piece that holds a few more o rings. That piece slides over the end that you adjust and butts up to the main reg body. Like I said we are probably saying the same thing, just don't want you to get any surprises.

Hi Jaxcat,

You're right when I looked closely at the video posted. I've sent Michal of Altaros about this extra "part" and will post here what he said. Thanks for catching it!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:05 pm 

no worries

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:37 am 

jaxcat wrote:
no worries

Hi Jaxcat,

Just got an email from Michal of Altaros saying that extra part is now included in the body of the new BT65 regs. They will also ship extra orings to the package but it will totally depend on the user if he/she wants to install it. He sent a picture of the new unit but am not sure how to post it here.

Thanks for the information shared!