Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:17 am 

Hello,

Recently purchased this 1911 air pistol, and had a good start with the co2. Then two cartridges leaked approx. half the co2 immediately after installing. The two installations after those, it leaked completely - all shooting out the top hole of the magazine (see video: http://youtu.be/sMDLbGkrQQ8)

After a little bit of research, I decided to take off the co2 valve. I read there should be an O-ring/washer on that valve or pushed back into the mag - neither were to be found. Could this be the issue? Where the hell is that o-ring?

I also saw a YT vid where someone fixed their KJW 1911 full-leak where they applied heat to 'seat' the valve. However, their valve is a different version of mine, and so I did not try this fix: (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Kq8JDiZAtIQ/T ... SC0243.JPG)

Any help would be appreciated so I don't have to spend $30 for a new mag :o

Attachments:
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png [ 653.1 KiB | Viewed 1093 times ]
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 429.06 KiB | Viewed 1093 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:08 am 

Looks like the o-ring blew out and rolled away at about 7s into your vid :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:02 am 

Should have noted: Not my video! That's the exact issue as I'm havkng,though. And I can see I think the washer dropping after hitting the ceiling haha. Should the issue be fixed if I replace the washer/ring then?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:55 am 

It's always fun, and a good idea to have spares. You are not screewed if a leak pop's up :evil: . They are on special at airgun source. 8)

http://airgunsource.com/spare-magazine-for-tanfoglio-witness-1911-blowback-and-blackwater-1911/dp/999

Bought 3 for my collection,2 Tanfoglio (1 original, 1 paint stripped, with mag.) and 2 BlackWater (1 original(for sale in the ''for sale section''), 1 stripped and polish, these 2 came without the mag). So had to by 2 plus 1 spare to complete set's.

I don't know how that seal managed to pop out of there, first thing that comes to mind is the valve was not tight at all. It doen't have to be hyper tight, but at least a bit or so... :?:

Saw the gasket fall on the left and lean on the pliers at 7sec.

Glock G17 6mm
SW M'n'P 40, Crosman 357 6'', SA 1911 TRS
Brodax 44, M1911A1 twin barrel 6mm.
M1911 Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa6mm, M1911 twin Hi-Capa
H'n'K USP. DT4 Nemesis 6mm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:49 am 

silentman wrote:
It's always fun, and a good idea to have spares. You are not screewed if a leak pop's up :evil: . They are on special at airgun source. 8)

http://airgunsource.com/spare-magazine-for-tanfoglio-witness-1911-blowback-and-blackwater-1911/dp/999

Bought 3 for my collection,2 Tanfoglio (1 original, 1 paint stripped, with mag.) and 2 BlackWater (1 original(for sale in the ''for sale section''), 1 stripped and polish, these 2 came without the mag). So had to by 2 plus 1 spare to complete set's.

I don't know how that seal managed to pop out of there, first thing that comes to mind is the valve was not tight at all. It doen't have to be hyper tight, but at least a bit or so... :?:

Thanks, I think for now I will buy a spare (from Amazon, it's $30, shipping is free) and hopefully someone will be able to direct me as to how to fix this horribly manufactured original mag... :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:24 pm 

Pbakai182 wrote:
silentman wrote:

Thanks, I think for now I will buy a spare (from Amazon, it's $30, shipping is free) and hopefully someone will be able to direct me as to how to fix this horribly manufactured original mag... :roll: :roll: :roll:

How it ended for your leaking mag bro ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:44 am 

The Professional wrote:

How it ended for your leaking mag bro ?

Not good, Leon. Not good.

I ordered a new mag and noticed on my second or third co2 that it would get loose and leak after a couple shots.
I just put in the 3rd or 4th co2 just now and after the 3rd shot the co2 started spraying out, probably leaked over half of it in 5 seconds.

Very very disappointed with this gun, I must say.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:24 pm 

Sound like you will have to learn how to fix a leaking valve. For the moment out of 5 mag only one had to be re tightend after a few CO2. :?

Good luck...

Glock G17 6mm
SW M'n'P 40, Crosman 357 6'', SA 1911 TRS
Brodax 44, M1911A1 twin barrel 6mm.
M1911 Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa6mm, M1911 twin Hi-Capa
H'n'K USP. DT4 Nemesis 6mm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:55 pm 

What kind of house hold tool could I use to access the valve to tighten it (where the co2 tip installs)?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:58 pm 

Just how cold is the area that you're shooting in?

I've found that the valves on CO2 powered airguns tend to freeze open after a few shots if the ambient temperature is the least bit cold.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:33 pm 

Indoors, 72F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:56 pm 

From what I have seen, there should be an o-ring and washer where the valve seats in the back of the magazine (not where the co2 seats. I replaced the o-ring but could not find a washer that small. The new o-ring worked initially but gave way after firing about 10 BB's.