Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:47 am 

Just wonder if anybody manage to lighten/shorten the trigger pull yet on this pistol?

I have been thinking about a couple of things but have yet to try them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:01 pm 

whats this pistol like? ben thinking of getting one.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:14 pm 

xtremevert wrote:

OP is asking the questions here. Your post is begging for a hijack. Suggest you start your own post.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:37 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
xtremevert wrote:

OP is asking the questions here. Your post is begging for a hijack. Suggest you start your own post.

seriously? LOL wow never seen a forum like this before where someone can't ask a question in relation to the product at hand? Are you serious Mr.Edmonton500???

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:29 pm 

Threads drift and get hijacked all the time, and I'm as guilty as the next guy, but I think Edmonton just wants us slackers to be more professional.
The only thing I know about that pistol is a lot of people are not all that happy with it. Imo a break barrel needs to be rifle sized, so pistol form is just asking for trouble. This is why it's so long which imo isn't really isn't much of a pistol anymore. But if you gotta try one I get it, just don't set your hopes too high. My understanding is it only comes in 177 which means a CA version would have some method of power reduction, and how they do that can make the negs of a springer even worse. Anyone know how they go about it?
The trigger looks pretty simple so you could smooth the parts and lighten/shorten pull. I'd imagine I'd start by removing spring 24, but you'll need to make that decision since you have the gun and I do not. Of course any trigger work will most certainly cause it to fire more easily if dropped, and depending on how you go about it you may render the safety useless.
If you do open it up please post pix of the actual trigger parts so we can all see ;) If you pull the piston I'd love to see that, the nitro and the main seal, plus whatever power reducing method used.
I'd rather have the Beeman P17 which is a really cool pistol for the $. It's actually pistol size, probably less than half the weight and certainly more accurate.

Attachments:
Trail Pistol Trigger.jpg
Trail Pistol Trigger.jpg [ 127.37 KiB | Viewed 1104 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:19 am 

xtremevert wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:
xtremevert wrote:

seriously? LOL wow never seen a forum like this before where someone can't ask a question in relation to the product at hand? Are you serious Mr.Edmonton500???

Speaking of serious, how serious is it when my car "check engine" light goes on?

Edit: P.S. MY apologies to the OP for my part in sidetracking his post.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:57 pm 

That all depends on what set it off, some electronic glitch or the crank is on the deck :o
So far for me ~98% of check eng lights were glitches or totally insignificant.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:16 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
xtremevert wrote:

Please, give your yap a rest man!!! Your the 2nd post with nothing about the OP!! Some people around here just love to hear themselfs talk. Joker!!!!