Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Crosman M4-177
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:21 pm 

Recently got a used M4-177 for some plinking inside 20 yards. I'm liking it alot but I'm curious as to wether there are any mods that can be done to make it that little bit more accurate at the 20 yard mark and maybe improve trigger pull.
Thanks for any feedback!

Post subject: Re: Crosman M4-177
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:20 pm 

You didn't mentioned if you have one installed, but a decent scope is a good start for longer range accuracy. I have a CP 4x32 on mine, and it's a worthy add-on. Then, you can stabilize the barrel by doing the ''electrician's tape job''. You'll have to take the rifle apart, then wrap 2 or 3 turns of electrician's tape around the barrel and pump tube just after the transfer port bloc (the black plastic part). It will also help to seal the port to the rubber gasket. Then a turn or two around the barrel where it passes through the plastic part with two Picatinny rails at the muzzle end (if the tape fits). Also, you can check at the same time the rifling and crown of your barrel, it's a good opportunity to re-crown it if it's needed.
While your rifle is apart, you will see in the grip that there's a metal slug, but there is an empty space where you can fit another to add some more weight, which I find does help to stabilize this light weight rifle a bit more.
As for the trigger feel, you can bend the rear most spring of the trigger a bit to reduce the trigger weight. Just Google ''M4-177 trigger'' for an image of the trigger group. Bending this spring does the same thing as compressing the trigger spring on a 1377 pumper. And you can polish the metal components of the trigger group (and the hammer) for an even smoother feel.

Have fun! :)