Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Slavia 624
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:46 pm 

Looking for a replacement mainspring if available.Any ideas as no luck on the usual sites.Perhaps one of D+L's utility springs will be close? Leather piston seal most likely.Harold

Post subject: Re: Slavia 624
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:08 am 

Best I can say is take yours out and measure it so you can find a similar size from somewhere. Vortek has a good selection.
A replacement doesn't have to be exactly the same, but if you need help just let me/us know. I'd need to get some measurements of both your old spring and some other parts to determine what your options are.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:14 pm 

30 coils........ID .457/OD .662 + wire dia. .101 synthetic seal surprisingly.......Harold

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:11 pm 

Inside piston is .683 as well ,so not sure if they make that small a diameter spring?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:59 am 

I just found out a HW45 mainspring will fit the older Slavia air rifles but will need to be shortened from 34 coils to 30.Harold

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:07 am 

Pioneer2 wrote:
I just found out a HW45 mainspring will fit the older Slavia air rifles but will need to be shortened from 34 coils to 30.Harold

You might want to check out the Vortek site. They custom wind springs to your specified coil count and finish and grind the ends. All for less than $20 US.
I just installed one of their "docile" springs in a Ruger blackhawk elite. Shoots at 12 ftlbs. You would not know it is the same gun.

Nothing works and I don't know why.

Two lathes and too many projects

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:59 am 

Called them and they don't make springs that small a diameter.So a shortened HW 45 spring is all there is this side of the pond. CZ in Czechoslovakia has them[but don't respond to e-mails] but no CZ company carries airgun parts in NA or so I was told. It's a 400fps plinker at best so it will be better than the worn out one in it now.Will have to look into the proper way to finish the end on a shortened spring.Harold

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:45 am 

Had the HW45 spring shortened 2.5 coils and after lubing and installation it shot 8gr pellets at 350fps average and 6.5gr Beemans at 405fps.Back in the saddle again..........Harold

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:33 am 

Pioneer2 wrote:
Had the HW45 spring shortened 2.5 coils and after lubing and installation it shot 8gr pellets at 350fps average and 6.5gr Beemans at 405fps.Back in the saddle again..........Harold

I know this is an old tread and I cant speak to the Slavia 624 but can say the Crosman Phantom under 500 spring seems to work well in my Slavia 620. If it was in better condition i would have tried the full power. Something about the long CZ barrels make this gun so very accurate.