Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:56 pm 

I want to convert a 2240 To hpa/pcp for farm use. Still pondering .22 vs .25 but that is not the main issue at the moment. Tho if I go .25 all my .22 stuff will end up on my 1377.
First.... what is the best/strongest main tube I can get (crosman or aftermarket) compatible with said platform?

I do have access to machining equipment and am not completely devoid of steel aluminium wood working skills. Having said that I am looking for tried and true known configurations.

Second (unless deemed impractical) I had thought about keeping the barrel at 14 inches. 18 isn't a deal breaker but it would be the max I would want for the build I have in mind.

Third.... The valve, I'm not concerned with multiple shots very close to each other. That is a goal for another build but for now I want to protect my chickens at 2 am without the 12 Guage waking up my awesome neighbors! In 40 years of doing this only once have I had to take out a whole family of coons.... that became a shotgun deal period. Sooo I'm expecting less than five shots max.

I need penetration and accuracy but for now I want to stick with crosman barrels as opposed to LW or other top shelf Barrels .... priorities then pleasure/dreams.

Have been out of the loop for a long time so reading a lot of old posts isn't as clear to me as it once was.
For example.... I got all excited to order a steel breech and a hipac tube for my 2240.... turns out I already installed the steel breech and have a hipac tube with two springs and a seal.... makes me wonder what the hell I did to the 1377 and the Phantom! !
It's been a while and I'm not young anymore.

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently talented fool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:06 pm 

Crap.... completely forgot, before I get flamed or politely reminded the whole pal/restricted legality thing has already been covered on my end. Thank you for the semi realistic gun law changes! !!!

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently talented fool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:18 pm 

I vote for a .25 caliber . Since your going to shoot medium game. I would start with a Derrekvineyard tube , a disco valve , and a marauder barrel ( cut to length and turned down to fit your breech) those are the staring points to building a .25 cal . You'll also need to either make a new bolt or sleeve the existing bolt , the breech will need some machining in the loading tray for the bigger pellet. Lots to think about before building a new gun .
Then again you could stick to .22 , just have to pin your valve with the proper screws , and shoot some heavy lead.