Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: buddy bottle
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:28 am 

Anyone ever heard of adapting an AT 44 air tank into a buddy bottle,external use, via hose, for use on other guns ?Such as the hipac 2240 . or disco ? Since buddy bottles are fairly expensive, and I already have three At44 air tubes, I thought a regulated hose connector might be cheaper.

Post subject: Re: buddy bottle
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:57 am 

You would need to use the guage port in the tube , then you would need to find a on /off valve to open the air outlet . I think I would be easier to buy a paintball tank and use it . They are a lot cheaper than the buddy bottle . Some thing like this and a 13 or 22 ci tank .http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/pro ... hose-p-274

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:04 pm 

Hobbyman2007 wrote:
You would need to use the guage port in the tube , then you would need to find a on /off valve to open the air outlet . I think I would be easier to buy a paintball tank and use it . They are a lot cheaper than the buddy bottle . Some thing like this and a 13 or 22 ci tank .http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/pro ... hose-p-274

The gauge port, is only an inlet. Cant get ait out through there without modifying the port, then it becomes useless for my 44.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:59 pm 

I would think you could make an adapter similar to the brass sleeve in the gun that the valve screws into.... A hose on one side, a gauge on the other, and a fine threaded stem (sealed with O-rings) on the end that would push the valve open.... As long as it was structurally sound (ie properly engineered) I wouldn't see any problem.... Something similar to the degassing tool that Hatsan supply, but make sure it's safe to hold pressure, not just vent....

Bob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:08 pm 

joe hickey wrote:
Hobbyman2007 wrote:

The gauge port, is only an inlet. Cant get ait out through there without modifying the port, then it becomes useless for my 44.

Joe , not trying to bust your balls here but if the Guage port was an inlet only,it wouldn't be able to read the air pressure in the tube . I think Bob has a better idea anyways ,but would require a bit of engineering and some machining.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:34 pm 

rsterne wrote:
I would think you could make an adapter similar to the brass sleeve in the gun that the valve screws into.... A hose on one side, a gauge on the other, and a fine threaded stem (sealed with O-rings) on the end that would push the valve open.... As long as it was structurally sound (ie properly engineered) I wouldn't see any problem.... Something similar to the degassing tool that Hatsan supply, but make sure it's safe to hold pressure, not just vent....

Bob

I guess all that would be needed is the adaptor to fit the threads of the tube, connected to a fill station with the pressure relief valve and regulator built in. I know they are available for airsoft, with an adjustable regulator.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:37 pm 

Hobbyman2007 wrote:
joe hickey wrote:
Hobbyman2007 wrote:

Joe , not trying to bust your balls here but if the Guage port was an inlet only,it wouldn't be able to read the air pressure in the tube . I think Bob has a better idea anyways ,but would require a bit of engineering and some machining.

The gauge on the AT44 has a small hole that passes by the fill probe hole to the gauge. The fill probe hole has a one way check valve.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:37 pm 

Only problem I see is that the Hatsan tube is pretty small, so you would only be able to fill an even smaller reservoir, to a lower pressure....

Bob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:52 pm 

rsterne wrote:
Only problem I see is that the Hatsan tube is pretty small, so you would only be able to fill an even smaller reservoir, to a lower pressure....

Bob

I was thinking of the Disco and HiPac, both of which only fill to 2000 psi. But mostly to fill my homemade steel ball gun, Which I have modified into an air shotgun. It runs on 700 psi and uses 2 ci per shot. It takes me 17 stroke,s with a hand pump per shot now. So I was looking for a faster refill method.