Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Telly Junior
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:28 pm 

I've just found an old Telly or Jelly junior in my father's basement and for now it doesn't seem to work properly. When i cock it, i can feel the spring tension but the barrel come back to its original position.... doesn't stay in open position to put the pellet in the barrel. I want to strip it down but i never disassembled an air riffle before. Only some crosman guns. Do i need a spring compressor to re-assemble it. ? I did a search on youtube and google to give me some hint but can't find nothing, only thing i found is the exploded diagrams... Someone already stripped that kind of riffle ??? Where do i need to look for my problems ??? Sorry my english is a little bit bad...

Crosman vigilante
Beeman P17
KWC Beretta M92 Full auto
Walther SG9000 with red dot sight
Umarex Makarov Ultra
Umarex Legend C96 Mauser
KWC Luger P08 Blowback

Post subject: Re: Telly Junior
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:13 pm 

Seems like the sear is not catching the piston's latch. If you have the rifle I'm thinking of, in front of the trigger guard there's an adjusting (small) screw (first picture). It may be in too far, preventing the sear from catching. Or after some years in a basement, something has jammed in the trigger mechanism. Hope it helps!

Attachments:
IMG_4940.JPG
IMG_4940.JPG [ 180.23 KiB | Viewed 1426 times ]
IMG_4901.JPG
IMG_4901.JPG [ 207.55 KiB | Viewed 1426 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:43 am 

Hey thanks! You we're right! I loosen the screw and voilĂ ...

Sent from my N910W8 with tapatalk

Crosman vigilante
Beeman P17
Umarex Makarov Ultra
Umarex Legend C96 Mauser
KWC Luger P08 Blowback

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:43 am 

Glad it worked! :D

Now get yourself some silicone chamber oil and add two drops through the transfer port to help the leather piston seal (let sit 24 hrs with the rifle upright), and add two drops on the breech seal. And if you have PellGun oil you can use it on the barrel pivot and lock, on the trigger and on the cocking arm leaf spring and wear pad (you could also use SAE 30 non-detergent motor oil or bicycle chain oil). Then maybe clean the barrel with cotton patches, or Q-Tips if it's a .177 calibre, pushing with a wooden dowel or pulling through with a nylon string (weed trimmer line). I hope these tips will help you enjoy your oldie! :wink:

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:14 am 

Thanks for the tips... I'll do that! I remember when i was young shooting with this riffle with my father. It was a fun riffle to shoot with!

Thanks again!

Sent from my N910W8 with tapatalk

Crosman vigilante
Beeman P17
Umarex Makarov Ultra
Umarex Legend C96 Mauser
KWC Luger P08 Blowback

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:18 am 

Great old gun its made by relum and is in fact a telly but the t looks like a j used to buy them in Duncan for around 25 $ ............

https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24 ... -200-LP25/