Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:48 pm 

Hi Experts, my CP88 has developed a problem as in when I have fired a round the magazine will not move to the next round it just sits there, I have to open the slide lift out the magazine and manually move it on by one for the next round, is there something I should be looking for? Quite possibly something has become loose, detatched, or simply dropped off, when the slide is open the mechanics do not let me pull the trigger to see what is going on, at first I thought the magazine could be worn but after sourcing another I have the same problem. Again is there a particular area I should be focussing in on?
Many thanks

Pete :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:08 pm 
Supporting Members

Indexing pin isnt working..........OR............do the pellets stick out ? IE maybe try a shorter pellet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:42 pm 

pellet seating can be an issue wiht the cp88 as well as there is a little flap that free flots on the right side of the gun there the clip holding pin goes between it and the poart next to it accopding to my print if i read it right its part number 27 and you need to keep that area greased lithum in the tube is about the saftest and best to use in that area , the problem is cause do to a manufactor glitch at least we call it that,, there was a guy in the us that made a new part that works in place of the floating part and it works pretty slick to ,, i would have thought walther had done the cure already i guess not , i know of no way to contact the guy any more but keeping the area wiht the grease will reduce how often it occurs ,first off id check the pellet seating issue as those clips are pretty picky on the pellets they fit best with

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:50 pm 

petehuws wrote:
Hi Experts, my CP88 has developed a problem as in when I have fired a round the magazine will not move to the next round it just sits there, I have to open the slide lift out the magazine and manually move it on by one for the next round, is there something I should be looking for? Quite possibly something has become loose, detatched, or simply dropped off, when the slide is open the mechanics do not let me pull the trigger to see what is going on, at first I thought the magazine could be worn but after sourcing another I have the same problem. Again is there a particular area I should be focussing in on?
Many thanks

Sounds to me like the indexing pawl spring may be broken. The indexing pawl is the part that engages the little teeth on the magazine, and rotates it. A small spring holds it forward, to maintain engagement, but allows it to ratchet past one tooth to pick up the next, in order to re-index the magazine to the next shot. Try holding the pistol muzzle down, and see if the magazine will index - if it does, the spring is probably the problem. If it still doesn't index, the problem may lie further back in the indexing mechanism.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:49 pm 

Suprmatic wrote:
petehuws wrote:
Many thanks

Sounds to me like the indexing pawl spring may be broken. The indexing pawl is the part that engages the little teeth on the magazine, and rotates it. A small spring holds it forward, to maintain engagement, but allows it to ratchet past one tooth to pick up the next, in order to re-index the magazine to the next shot. Try holding the pistol muzzle down, and see if the magazine will index - if it does, the spring is probably the problem. If it still doesn't index, the problem may lie further back in the indexing mechanism.

came upon this CP88 thread and the above post was written 9 years ago...
I just want to tribute the time this above explanation (by Suprmatic) gave for concise practical detail. Cheers ~ :o :drinkers:

Learn to Love To Do Well - And You Shall. - C. Poseidon