Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:24 pm 

I got a 2240 used and I notice that the on the last shot, I can hear the hissing sound after the last shot, it looks like the stem is not sealing the co2 to the last amount, I can theorized that the co2 pressure inside the valve is not having enough pressure to push the valve to seal itself and the hammer and the spring seems to be stronger than the valve spring that makes it to cause the valve not to seal that cause the co2 to escape from the valve chamber, my question is, is this normal for the 2240 operation? because i think that there is a problem with valve sealing itself, bec my 1322 even at a single pump, the air is sealed inside the valve chamber and even with an uncock hammer, the hammer and the spring seems to be not pushing the stem to cause a leak.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:46 am 

pistolero wrote:
my question is, is this normal for the 2240 operation?

No. Someone has either installed a very light valve spring, or a very stiff hammer spring, or a little bit of both.

However, if it's only degassing the valve at the very end of a cart, it may not be a terrible thing. . . . :wink:

Unless it's a very heavy hammer spring, as this could also be causing excessive trigger weight.

How many useable shots are you getting per cart? How does the trigger pull compare to your 1322? If your shot count and trigger weight are acceptable, you could leave it as is, but if you have low shot count per cart, and/or you feel the trigger weight is excessive, re-springing should bring you back to a similar to factory spec, and end the auto-degassing feature.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:09 am 

I didn't got the chance to use a 12g co2, still on a building stage, I'm just manually pumping air to test, the trigger pull is heavier compare to the 1322, I think you're probably right about the previous owner putting in a lighter valve spring and a stronger hammer spring. thanks for the reply, my next question probably is when you open up the valve and put it back together, do you use any pelgun oil on the valve seal? and do you use a thread sealant like loctite?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:19 am 

pistolero wrote:
when you open up the valve and put it back together, do you use any pelgun oil on the valve seal? and do you use a thread sealant like loctite?

No to the thread sealant. The valve seals itself on the O ring at the top of the threads.
Yes to a light lubrication, but not really required, as a drop of oil on the tip of the first cart after reassembly, will lubricate everything quite nicely upon pierce.
Good Luck!