Canadian Airgun Forum
https://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/

Crosman 1077 495FPS only getting 32 shots.
https://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/topic75035.html
Page 1 of 1

Author:  leadslinger [ Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Crosman 1077 495FPS only getting 32 shots.

Is getting 32 shots from a detuned 1077 normal? Full power claims 50 shots, some say 75.

Im getting AVG 32 of me firing slowly.

Author:  airmec [ Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crosman 1077 495FPS only getting 32 shots.

I'm getting at least 60 ''good'' shots (5 full mags) with my non-PAL 1077. I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with your rifle. I saw many peoples reporting a leak from the seal where the cartridge seats. Does it hold CO2 overnight?

This could interest you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRRaBy47FGw

Author:  leadslinger [ Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crosman 1077 495FPS only getting 32 shots.

airmec wrote:
I'm getting at least 60 ''good'' shots (5 full mags) with my non-PAL 1077. I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with your rifle. I saw many peoples reporting a leak from the seal where the cartridge seats. Does it hold CO2 overnight?

This could interest you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRRaBy47FGw


Thanks, I give it a try. I know it dumps a lot of CO2 when I shoot it.

Author:  airmec [ Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crosman 1077 495FPS only getting 32 shots.

leadslinger wrote:
airmec wrote:
I'm getting at least 60 ''good'' shots (5 full mags) with my non-PAL 1077. I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with your rifle. I saw many peoples reporting a leak from the seal where the cartridge seats. Does it hold CO2 overnight?

This could interest you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRRaBy47FGw


Thanks, I give it a try. I know it dumps a lot of CO2 when I shoot it.


Then this may interest you as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBhYc3NQXeE

Good luck!

Author:  leadslinger [ Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crosman 1077 495FPS only getting 32 shots.

airmec wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
airmec wrote:
I'm getting at least 60 ''good'' shots (5 full mags) with my non-PAL 1077. I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with your rifle. I saw many peoples reporting a leak from the seal where the cartridge seats. Does it hold CO2 overnight?

This could interest you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRRaBy47FGw


Thanks, I give it a try. I know it dumps a lot of CO2 when I shoot it.


Then this may interest you as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBhYc3NQXeE

Good luck!


I think that's my problem... I think I'll get a slightly longer/stiffer spring and that O ring. I know when I shoot, I can see co2 shoot out of the mag housing.

Author:  jckstrthmghty [ Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crosman 1077 495FPS only getting 32 shots.

I had a similar issue until I put the oring on the detent as suggested in the youtube video by davpanable.

Author:  Joolz [ Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crosman 1077 495FPS only getting 32 shots.

leadslinger wrote:
I know when I shoot, I can see co2 shoot out of the mag housing.

I get that too and you can also see gas exiting the muzzle - and I still get 48 good shots. Believe this may be the way they detune things for the Canadian market. Even if my suspicion isn't correct, that is a lot of gas being wasted due to the weak seal.
I too want to make the mod in the vid but have no idea where to go to find the parts. I mean, where does one go to find a spring that size?

If you do find the parts and wouldn't mind buying an extra 2 of each, I'd gladly reimburse you if you could put those in an envelope and send them my way. Have two 1077s, both could use the mod.

Author:  leadslinger [ Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crosman 1077 495FPS only getting 32 shots.

Joolz wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
I know when I shoot, I can see co2 shoot out of the mag housing.

I get that too and you can also see gas exiting the muzzle - and I still get 48 good shots. Believe this may be the way they detune things for the Canadian market. Even if my suspicion isn't correct, that is a lot of gas being wasted due to the weak seal.
I too want to make the mod in the vid but have no idea where to go to find the parts. I mean, where does one go to find a spring that size?

If you do find the parts and wouldn't mind buying an extra 2 of each, I'd gladly reimburse you if you could put those in an envelope and send them my way. Have two 1077s, both could use the mod.


I'll see what I can find. Guess I should change the seal while I'm at it.

Author:  Joolz [ Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crosman 1077 495FPS only getting 32 shots.

Or use a long screw driver and tighten the valve. This may be just what yours needs. These are something any 1077 owner should keep an eye on as they seem to come loose with use. If you have a long enough flat head driver (think mine is 18 or 24"!) then you'd have no problem reaching the notches on the valve body. Access is from the tube's end cap. Removing the stock makes it possible to see the notches so you're not working blindly. I suppose it's not wise to overtighten these but one of mine was so loose, CO2 had a short lifespan. A turn or so was all that it needed to shoot like a champ again. There's a youtube vid on this (may even be from the same gentleman from the link posted here). I'd look it up but have a baby sitting on my lap as I type this. Eating discarded candy wrapper found on my desk and step away from choking. Which reminds me...

Author:  twister [ Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crosman 1077 495FPS only getting 32 shots.

I would like to know where to get that o ring and spring too.

Author:  jckstrthmghty [ Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crosman 1077 495FPS only getting 32 shots.

orings are generic. As long as you know the size you can find it cheap online. In this case 9mm OD 2mm thickness. I bought a bag of 20 for $4.50 CDN shipped. If anyone is stuck I'm willing to share. Not like I need 19 extra.

Same applies to springs but not quite as easy finding the size and compression required.

Author:  Gippeto [ Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crosman 1077 495FPS only getting 32 shots.

Don't need to change the spring. During the shot cycle the pressure will push that nozzle/detent piece into the magazine...sealing things to the barrel.

Putting a heavier spring there will increase the effort required to rotate the magazine...and increase the trigger pull. Some time spent smoothing out both sides of the magazine (cleaning casting marks etc) and polishing the breech end of the barrel is IMHO a better idea that will improve sealing...and potentially reduce the trigger pull slightly.

Would clean up the forcing cone in the barrel while you have it apart.

Believe the oring was a 010 or 011...commonly available everywhere. White lithium grease or silicone grease to lube it.

Al

Author:  Joolz [ Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crosman 1077 495FPS only getting 32 shots.

Great tips. Never thought about smoothing out the magazines. Are there any safe lube I could use to add a bit of sheen to the plastic without potentially harming it? Think something like Black to Black (kinda similar to Armour All) would help cut friction? In my experience this does not harm plastic and if use sparingly it works very nicely on cars on a variety of materials. Seeing how hard the plastic on the magazines are I'd imagine it wouldn't suffer ill effects from this form of wax. Then again I rather inquire than to experiment and ruin a magazine.

Any idea where in town one can find the seals? Only place I can think of is maybe Acklands-Grainger but you've been in this sport way longer than I have. And after what you said about the ill effects of a heavier spring, I'm more than content starting out with adding the seal with the stock spring. Thanks for the great tips.

Author:  leadslinger [ Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crosman 1077 495FPS only getting 32 shots.

Joolz wrote:
Great tips. Never thought about smoothing out the magazines. Are there any safe lube I could use to add a bit of sheen to the plastic without potentially harming it? Think something like Black to Black (kinda similar to Armour All) would help cut friction? In my experience this does not harm plastic and if use sparingly it works very nicely on cars on a variety of materials. Seeing how hard the plastic on the magazines are I'd imagine it wouldn't suffer ill effects from this form of wax. Then again I rather inquire than to experiment and ruin a magazine.

Any idea where in town one can find the seals? Only place I can think of is maybe Acklands-Grainger but you've been in this sport way longer than I have. And after what you said about the ill effects of a heavier spring, I'm more than content starting out with adding the seal with the stock spring. Thanks for the great tips.


White Lithium or Superlube should be fine.

I ordered on amazon a 10 pack for 4$ of 9mm x 2mm x 5mm O rings.

Author:  Joolz [ Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crosman 1077 495FPS only getting 32 shots.

Good, have a tube of white lithium I bought for my rollerblades some 24 years ago. Hmm, maybe it's time for a fresher tube.

Al, can you give me some leads on where I can find these seals in town?

Edit, failing that will order them from Amazon (plz post a link). I just hate having to wait for weeks for something to arrive if it can be found a few minutes away.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/