Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:35 am 

Hi peeps...I am new here. I have an old Crosman 38T airgun used to be my fathers before he passed away. I am trying to refurbish it as there is a lot of sentamental attachment.
The grip handle has one side that pops off to put in the C02 tube, that side of the handle grip is broken, little plastic paiece inside that holds it in place is broken. I am in Victoria BC. I am open to any suggestions as to where I might find a new grip cover or get it repaired.
you can email me at bjoys2004@hotmail.com or reply here

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:44 am 

I might be able to help out with something, can you post a pic of the part you need? Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:07 am 

okay thanks I will try to do that tonight .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:18 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

If you can't get one up here the left grip is available from John. Just be aware that the shipping is a bit heavy$$$ for just a single item.
http://www.jgairguns.biz/catalog/produc ... s_id=10404

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:24 am 

Right now there is a 38T (.177) all in pieces for sale on E-bay....You might want to check that out.....( I'm in Comox).......Thumper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:55 am 

thank you to all for the help so far...The grip cover at the dealer in the US would be okay at 10 bucks but 25.00 for shipping and they won't ship co2 across the border,
the person who wants me to post a pic...still trying, have to do it with my laptop cam.
Thumper in comox, thanks for that tip, going to go look now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:16 pm 

No proble, just let me know when you have the pic. I have some spare parts and so forth.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:24 pm 

Hi

It is somewhat ironic, I just joined this forum and one reason was to try and obtain some advice/help in the refurbishing of a number of old classic airguns that my dad had. One of these happen to be Crosman 38T. Perhaps we can assist each other. I do still happen to have the original maunal with a diagram of the revolver and a lsit of parts and part numbers. This has helped me begin to find the parts that I need. Are you in need of such information. If so, I will make a copy and send it to you.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:31 pm 

]here is a picture of the gun and the grips, It is the right hand grip that snaps onto the c02 cartridge that is broken

Attachments:
crosman 38T.jpg
crosman 38T.jpg [ 3.41 KiB | Viewed 3454 times ]
38 grips.jpg
38 grips.jpg [ 5.36 KiB | Viewed 3454 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:51 pm 

Here are the spare grips I have:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:38 pm 

Thank you to everyone for all of your help...looks like I found exactly what I need, thanks to cdnairgunner !

Thumper keep in touch, would still love to get the manual and part #'s

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:41 pm 

Some-one from "down Island" can't be all bad,eh?......I searched around a bit on-line and found the manual (to download), there's lots of information. If you google "crosman 38t" under 'images' you can pick and choose who's doing what.....look for " another airgun blog " and a guy named Derrick....His info will help you a lot as well as being just plain interesting........................Thumper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:25 pm 

Hey! |Totally unrelated, but i| wanted to know how your search went. I'm also currently in need of some parts for a crosman 38t. Mainly the brass fitting for the co2, with the valve and puncture pin in side of it. Or if I could simply replace the seal and the puncture pin inside of the brass bushing for the co2 powerlet.. It'd be easiest for me to just replace the whole brass fitting and screw it on to the original copper tubing.. but if anyone has any information or suggestions I'd be happy to hear... Sorry for reviving old threads!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:40 am 

Repaired a 38T for a customer a couple of months ago. All seals needed replacing and I got them from D&L in Vancouver. Also if you google Crosman manuals the 1976-1985 model parts diagrams have a wealth of information. Many part numbers are used on newer models and D&L is very helpful. But part #s are necessary. John the gunsmith (I think) has never steered me wrong

Ron