Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:53 pm 

Hello I have owned my Crossman Fire Nitro Air rifle .177 for about a week now and have gone through maybe 400 rounds (3 different brands). So I'm guessing it should be "broken in" by now. I was suspicious of the speed at which it was firing so I bought a chronograph from amazon and these are my results. Doesnt look right to me at all. I tried to return the gun to CanadianTire and was told they do not allow returns of air rifles.

Attachments:
IMG_0107.PNG
IMG_0107.PNG [ 125.69 KiB | Viewed 4009 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:29 pm 

Yes, your gun has a problem. Probably the piston seal or the nitro piston itself.
Your max is 404 fps and ES is 64 fps which really sucks. I'd expect a max of 450 fps or so and an ES of no more than 20 fps in a properly behaving gun. The max could be off if youre using heavy pellets, Are you using standard 7 gr or so ,177 pellets?
I'm shocked CT won't accept it as a return after a week. Either stamp your feet and insist, or take it up with Gravell Agency in Quebec. Gravell should offer to replace or repair under warranty. May cost you to ship the gun to them but its better than being stuck with a dud.

Attachments:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 60.48 KiB | Viewed 4000 times ]

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:59 am 

I returned a Benjamin Classic .22 back in April. Had no problems at Canadian Tire, but mine was a return.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:02 pm 

Meant "Exchange"

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:12 pm 

First off, what pellets were you using? If heavy they will be slower. Like 10.5gr will give similar #'s.
If you're into taking it apart we can figure out wth is wrong.
If I had to comply w/ said law I'd have mine surfing right at the edge of legal, so if that's something you might want to do, it's doable.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:15 am 

99% of crosman/Benjamin products need to be gone through before shooting . I would take Chevota’s help and tear into it . I’d be willing to bet there’s a bleed hole inyour Piston and you also have a bad seal . Luckily they can both be bought from Gravel for cheap .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:03 pm 

That is the reason I returned mine. 10 shots as is, tore apart, seal had 2 nicks. Exchanged for same gun, no nicks in seal, 50fps more.
Tore gun down, tested and put back together, returned, different results with new.

Whoever bought the 1st gun, has a much better gun than stock original.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk