Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 2:20 pm
Posts: 20
Hey guys recently bought a Classic .22 from tican tire and wanted to upgrade its power the riffle is 495FPS as is sold, so i took off the piston out of it, they have hole in it usualy to lower the FPS for canada so i cant block any hole to get it higher, what can i do? spring upgrade? any one ever did something similar to that type of model?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:19 pm
Posts: 40
Location: Stony Plain, Alberta
I welded mine, but it's to easy to mess up. Hole was to close to edge of piston but it shot in the 600's. Spring is full power so no use changing. Decided to go all out so ordered quest piston and Benjamin prowler gas spring from D&L. Had to machine new end cap. Works well shots at 680-690. But will be going back to coil spring as it got to jumpy with gas spring. Acurracy is atrocious. No matter how I hold it doesn't shoot as well as coil spring. However that is just my experience. And several other shooters I know personally. Yet I've read others on forums praising the conversion. Makes me wonder.

Ron

_________________
If your airgun is broken, fix it. If it works, you CAN make it work better. Usually...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:19 pm
Posts: 40
Location: Stony Plain, Alberta
Forgot to mention you can also plug hole with JB weld or even thread in screw.

Ron

_________________
If your airgun is broken, fix it. If it works, you CAN make it work better. Usually...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2819
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
If you don't got a PAL, increasing the FPS to over 500 FPS is illegal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 2:20 pm
Posts: 20
leadslinger wrote:
If you don't got a PAL, increasing the FPS to over 500 FPS is illegal.


i do have it no worries i am 35 years old and a father ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 2:20 pm
Posts: 20
balan wrote:
Forgot to mention you can also plug hole with JB weld or even thread in screw.

Ron


Like i said there is no Hole in my piston ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 2:20 pm
Posts: 20
balan wrote:
I welded mine, but it's to easy to mess up. Hole was to close to edge of piston but it shot in the 600's. Spring is full power so no use changing. Decided to go all out so ordered quest piston and Benjamin prowler gas spring from D&L. Had to machine new end cap. Works well shots at 680-690. But will be going back to coil spring as it got to jumpy with gas spring. Acurracy is atrocious. No matter how I hold it doesn't shoot as well as coil spring. However that is just my experience. And several other shooters I know personally. Yet I've read others on forums praising the conversion. Makes me wonder.

Ron


This rifle is allready super bad on accuracy due to spring recoil over 20 yards you start spraying lead in a foot radius lol


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2819
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
If its a short piston, a spring upgrade.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:46 am
Posts: 4173
MxStyleZ wrote:
balan wrote:
Forgot to mention you can also plug hole with JB weld or even thread in screw.

Ron


Like i said there is no Hole in my piston ;)

and he answered your question...

_________________
"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle"

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 2:20 pm
Posts: 20
For anyone not aware of it- the 'Classic .22' is a model for Canada. It is basically a detuned Benjamin Super Streak putting out a maximum of 495fps in .22 caliber to meet Canadian laws in not being classified as a "firearm". Barrel is 4" shorter than the Super Streak and it has a lengthened piston to reduce travel (thus power). The powerplant is the same as the Crosman Quest/Phantom/TAC-1/G1 etc.

It is a nice looking rifle, and the thumbhole stock was desperately needed for the Canadian detuned market from Crosman!


losttourist- does yours have holes drilled in the barrel block to attach a Quest/Phantom type rear sight?

This is what i found about this air riffle on another forum


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 2:20 pm
Posts: 20
leadslinger wrote:
If its a short piston, a spring upgrade.


sorry i misslead you it is a lenghtened piston they put in candian version of the crossman super streak


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2819
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
MxStyleZ wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
If its a short piston, a spring upgrade.


sorry i misslead you it is a lenghtened piston they put in candian version of the crossman power streak


Crosman have many ways to detuned their airguns. Some have longer pistons, some have shorter pistons with relief holes, some have weaker springs. I had a phantom with a weaker spring, a vantage with a hole in the piston. Cannot go what they say on the internet, because Ive seen all 3 method of used here in Canada.

In order to help you, we need to figure out hows your is detuned. Without giving us the info, since you took it apart, its hard to help you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 2:20 pm
Posts: 20
Now it looks like i need o find a store that sells Benjamin super streak spring and piston kit 0_o anyone aware of a place i could order that stuff?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 2:20 pm
Posts: 20
leadslinger wrote:
MxStyleZ wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
If its a short piston, a spring upgrade.


sorry i misslead you it is a lenghtened piston they put in candian version of the crossman power streak


Crosman have many ways to detuned their airguns. Some have longer pistons, some have shorter pistons with relief holes, some have weaker springs. I had a phantom with a weaker spring, a vantage with a hole in the piston. Cannot go what they say on the internet, because Ive seen all 3 method of used here in Canada.

In order to help you, we need to figure out hows your is detuned. Without giving us the info, since you took it apart, its hard to help you.


Ill go take it apart right now ill post pic on it all in a hour or so show you whats is inside

what i do know though is that my piston have no hole in it 100% sure of it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:17 pm
Posts: 1837
Location: Kingston, ON
Don't let the similar look of a Classic and Super Streak fool you. The Classic is not at all related to a Super Streak. Classic is a BAM B18/19 variant which has also been marketed as Quest/Phantom/Venom/Vantage/Optimus/Summit/Trail to name a few. Losttourist hasn't been on the forum since Jan 28 2016 so he is unlikely to answer... but he does have a good post on the subject.

Super Streak is a magnum springer. It is a massive brute with power like a RWS460 or BAM B28; heck it may be a BAM B28.

:drinkers:

_________________

Duke ))))----//----------==


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO