Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:26 pm 

Hi I've been shooting a while but haven't had an air rifle since I was a kid. Wanted something to take some shots at pests in my yard, figured the neighbors wouldn't like me shooting a 10/22 in town so found this rifle for a deal at an auction I couldn't pass up ($100 new in box). The only problem is its a sub 500 and I'd like a little more jam. I have a pal already so that's not an issue. Where can I get a full power spring for this rifle? Also does anyone have a decent tune thread for this rifle?

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:27 pm 

Go back to main page.general airgun chat,help full links thread.I dont own one but I think scopes and ammo sells Diana parts,maybe others too,not sure but a good list of places to get parts to start with .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:04 pm 

What caliber is it? Here is a good read to know what to expect from your rifle topic68186.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:38 pm 

You ain't gonna get too much more out of it. Good site for specific info Dianawerk Collective Forum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:59 pm 

Thanks I checked with scopes and amo and they are out at the moment but are hoping to get some in a few weeks.

It is a 177. And yes I know it won't gain a huge amount but I think a 177 with the full spring is rated around 640fps so about 150 more. Not huge but should be a nice little shooter.

Also anyone that has one recommend a certain pellet for this rifle?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:01 pm 
Site Moderator

I received an email from Dan (Canadian Airgun Forum Store) in late November. He had springs, piston seals and breech seals in stock for the Diana 240. You would have to ask him if the springs are the detuned or full power version. Maybe the spring for the Canadian .22cal D240 would be best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:35 am 

TCooper wrote:
Maybe the spring for the Canadian .22cal D240 would be best.

When the D240 is being manufactured, would Diana be using a spring for .22 that is different from that used on the .177? Most likely the spring is the same. That may be the reason the MV for the .22 is somewhat less than for the smaller caliber, according to the information at the Forum Store. Furthermore, the Forum Store sells a spring for the similar D24 that would appear to be for both calibers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:55 am 
Site Moderator

I would suggest contacting Dan for the facts on what he sells. Dan might be able to check coil count and wire thicknesses. Maybe he has full-power springs in stock.

My suggestion for considering the spring for the .22cal was based on the info on the Diana web site. The full power versions are advertised at 430fps for .22cal and 580fps for .177calibre. The .22cal D240 rifles at the CAF Store are also advertised as 430fps. It appears that the .22cal doesn't need detuning for a non-PAL classification.

http://www.diana-airguns.de/index.php?i ... eight=1024

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:38 pm 

camaross wrote:
Also anyone that has one recommend a certain pellet for this rifle?

With the 240 classic .177 that I gave to my godson for his birthday two years ago, I was able to make some one hole five pellet groups with the Crosman Pointed 7.4gr with open sight at around 8.5 meters and less than a dime groups at 10 meters.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:22 pm 

Good groupings with cheap crossman pellets, that's what I like to hear! I used a dlask barrel on my 1022 for the reason that they are built to shoot very well with federal bulk pack ammo. Gotta love shooting cheap!

I messaged the caf store, see what they say when they get back to me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:07 pm 

Thanks for the info from everyone. I finally took a few shots with it in the back yard today. At around 20 yards freehand was picking off pop cans with the iron sights without ever sighting it in so it should be a real shooter.

Once I get the new spring in I plan to give it a good lube and tune. Any advice on things I should and shouldn't do? This one has the T05 trigger.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:41 pm 

Hi guys new here ,i tuned a mod 24 with a vortek spring polished the piston like a mirror all new seals etc ,its in .22 and it fires pellets now into wood as deep as my .177 mod 36 which is tuned as well at a genuine 900-1000 fps with premiers . I was told could not get any power out of it as well very powerful but harder to cock and not as pleasant to shoot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:50 pm 

g allen wrote:
Hi guys new here ,i tuned a mod 24 with a vortek spring polished the piston like a mirror all new seals etc ,its in .22 and it fires pellets now into wood as deep as my .177 mod 36 which is tuned as well at a genuine 900-1000 fps with premiers . I was told could not get any power out of it as well very powerful but harder to cock and not as pleasant to shoot

Any details on the vortek spring you used? Can’t find anything about one for the 24.