Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:22 pm 

i wish the upper receiver on the 1077 was metal and not plastic. was wondering if anyone ever made one before?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:56 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Ruger does, but it's in .17HMR, not .177 :lol:
Might be cheaper to get your PAL (if you don't already), and pick up a Ruger 10/22. :D

The 1077 is what it is, a cheap plinker. Not sure there would be much of a market to produce and sell such a receiver. I'm sure it can, and may have been done by someone, but I doubt the cost of such a thing would be something I'd be willing to pay. Personally, I wouldn't put too much money into a 1077, maybe a wood stock, but that's about it. I've put money into low end guns, on to realize something a little higher end is much nicer, and doesn't cost much more than my expensive plinker. That's not to say I wouldn't sink hours of time into cheap or free tinkering, that's where a gun like the 1077 shines. But that's just my take on it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:47 am 

Woody wrote:
Ruger does, but it's in .17HMR, not .177 :lol:
Might be cheaper to get your PAL (if you don't already), and pick up a Ruger 10/22. :D

The 1077 is what it is, a cheap plinker. Not sure there would be much of a market to produce and sell such a receiver. I'm sure it can, and may have been done by someone, but I doubt the cost of such a thing would be something I'd be willing to pay. Personally, I wouldn't put too much money into a 1077, maybe a wood stock, but that's about it. I've put money into low end guns, on to realize something a little higher end is much nicer, and doesn't cost much more than my expensive plinker. That's not to say I wouldn't sink hours of time into cheap or free tinkering, that's where a gun like the 1077 shines. But that's just my take on it.

Perhaps I will use your advise and pick one up to shoot in my house since some of us our pellet rifles never leave the inside of the house. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:14 pm 

Is the new Umarex Ruger 10/22 CO2 Air Rifle .177 your answer?

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Ruger_10 ... e_177/4805

Would probably be A LOT cheaper than finding a machinist or gunsmith to fabricate the upper receiver for you in metal. If you wanted to stay with any airgun and did not just want to go with a real 1022.

But for me, the Crosman 1077 is just fine. I upgraded to a wood stock, and bought spare clips and magazines so I don't need to stop and reload the clips in the middle of shooting. Now I shoot until I run out of air. Which is around 50 shots.

I had to check my 1077 to actually see what you are talking about. Yes the receiver is plastic, but it never really bothered me.

But you might as well put the question out there, but I doubt you will get a response from someone that has done it.

Airgun Warriors Forum has a metal shop section. Did you try it?

Another option would be to install a wood stock & put a metal scope on it. That might be another less expensive way to cover up the plastic receiver.

Anyway good luck on your quest. Please advise if you find an answer. Some of us might be interested in the modification.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:33 pm 

Another option, mount a metal picatinny rail adaptor on top of the dovetail rail at the top of the receiver. Will cover most of the plastic.

See pictures in reviews section:

https://cdn.pyramydair.com/images/custo ... ea547f.jpg

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Crosman_ ... _Rifle/224

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:07 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

wheeliehd wrote:
Perhaps I will use your advise and pick one up to shoot in my house since some of us our pellet rifles never leave the inside of the house. :wink:

Didn't realize we were talking indoor shooting here. I wouldn't go with a 10/22 for indoor shooting. I would go with a bolt or lever action that can shoot .22 Short. The 10/22 being a semi won't cycle them without some modification. Unless you have a big place, then go with the 10/22 in .22LR, the .17HMR is total overkill for indoors, and not so cheap for plinking. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:21 pm 

There are a couple processes that could be used, but it would not be an inexpensive undertaking if paying someone to do it.

Would need to make an accurate 3d cad model and 3d print it to;

A) Make a mold for expendable wax patterns (making more than one via lost wax/investment casting process) or

B) Print it for lost PLA investment casting.

Al