Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Nitro piston for HW45
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:25 am 

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a nitro conversion kit available for the HW45

XT15
Sig Sauer SP2022
BSA Meteor MK5 .177
Webley Alecto .177
P17
HW45 Blackstar .177

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:23 pm 

You can get them the size you want now with different outputs.
But I don't get what the point would be? It's nice for rifles that torque and twang but the HW45 doesn't suffer from that...

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:23 pm 

I would've said the only source I know of is the Crosman spring they use in the Trail pistol, but I don't know if it would physically fit/work or if it's the right strength. Odds are it won't, but you might get lucky. You could ask The Gravel Agency how much that spring costs. Tell them it's Crosman part # S3-1-00-2. If you do please share the price.
DocGadget seems to know some other source, which I hope is not too expensive. So who sells these things?...
I like that Doc said the 45 doesn't suffer from torque. Since it's no different than a rifle it means rifles don't torque, which I've been saying forever but many insist they do.

If you could get a spring that's right I think it would be interesting to see how it differs from the coil. If you do please post before and after results like cocking effort, power and noise. For example; pistols of that design are awkward for some people to cock so I wonder if the lower spring rate will make that easier or worse for people. I'd imagine easier but ya never know. And will it be worth it overall to switch? Like is there some power to be had or will it make it much quieter? Only one way to find out....