Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:15 pm 

Hello member's
Has anyone been able to install a red dot on the no 40
I have fun shooting this Replica but would a bit more accuracy.
Thank you
Bill
B4b5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:12 pm 

Hey Bill,
That's a spray 'n' Pray rifle; you payed a lot for the realistic look and operation, and mounting a sight of any kind would sure blow its "cover" in a hurry. I suppose you could JBWeld a rail on top, but... yuk! :lol: I've only shot the rifle a few times, but it seems to me the peep sight is pretty decent.

There are some BB guns out there that provide accuracy, relatively speaking, and I'm sure a few BB-shooting fans will jump in with suggestions. In the Meantime, suffice it to say this is where the gun/golf analogy comes into play: You need more than one club to play golf well, and...

$0.00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:01 pm 

I agree with Edmonton. I find the open sights to be very accurate on my 24 ft. indoor range. The peep sight also flips to adjust for elevation. And you will never achieve accuracy in full auto. The blowback is too heavy for that.

But if you must, something like this may work for you:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sports-Red-Dot ... 2680717631

Though it will ruin the classic lines of the gun. And you may need to install it on top of the barrel, as it is not exactly round on the underside.

Something like this may also work:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Picatinny-Weav ... 1365526234

I installed something similar on my Uzi.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:37 pm 

Thanks everyone for your input.
I do like the authenticity, and have to take it away.
I put a red dot on my gletcher mosin sawn off and it works great, and can be removed.
A note on the mosin, have been having leakage on the mag. Had to pay 5 bucks delivery for new seals. Ended up
Using Teflon tape, at the brass nut.
The mp 40 I've learnt to take aim , hold steady and looked last the sights off to the side. As I shoot.
Also I push all my guns as far as they will go, which is 30 ft.
Thanks again.
Bill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:16 am 

Only way I could think of. Would be drilling and tapping for a mount, Or not sure the diameter of the receiver, some sort of clamping rail forward of the mag. Like for a shotgun barrel etc.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:13 pm 

If you are going to get your tap & die set out, maybe think about installing rails on it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:05 pm 

I think for now I'll just keep looking to the side
Of the sights to see the point of impact.
Something will come to me.
Thanks everyone