Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:18 pm 

Hi everyone, long time lurker first time account registering/posting though.

I've been working on some mods to my Crosman 2240 (upgraded to 2260 tube/filler rod + 18" barrel), but I'm completely stumped on sourcing a 2250B forearm. I've managed to find all the other parts needed (barrel band, screws, forearm bracket, etc), but as for the forearm... Crosman is out of stock, I can't find an eBay seller that is shipping them to Canada, canadashootingsupply doesn't have them, and scopesandammo only had the full 2250b kit (which includes several parts I don't need; 14" barrel, plastic stock, tube, cap, screws, bracket that I would have no real use for).

Based on what I'm seeing, my options are to wait/hope Crosman brings them back in stock - or to order the full kit from Eric and try to sell off the parts I don't need? Is there a parts source I'm missing, or anyone with a spare forearm to sell? :rolleyes:

I have not needed to wait on Crosman restocks/backorders in the past, does anybody have experience with this?

Cheers!

"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade, it makes the hand bleed that uses it."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:03 pm 

Funny thing, I was doing the same search yesterday and came to the same conclusion other than there are some wood forends available on a couple of US sites. I've got one forend for my first 6680 project but I'll need another for my second one but I have some time to wait before I'm forced to do something in that case.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:12 pm 

Headdamage wrote:
Funny thing, I was doing the same search yesterday and came to the same conclusion other than there are some wood forends available on a couple of US sites. I've got one forend for my first 6680 project but I'll need another for my second one but I have some time to wait before I'm forced to do something in that case.

Fair enough!

"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade, it makes the hand bleed that uses it."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:14 pm 

It appears there's a chance the Marauder pistol forearm could fit - I've seen it mounted on a 2260 tube before by sliding the 2250B barrel band up far enough that you can screw the forearm into that and the trigger guard. You'd be left with an empty/open hole from the pressure gauge, but that could easily be filled with a plastic/rubber plug.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:19 pm 
Supporting Members

I could be convinced to part with my Crosman silhouette 250........

Attachments:
IMG_4527.JPG
IMG_4527.JPG [ 1.63 MiB | Viewed 700 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:21 pm 

notec wrote:
I could be convinced to part with my Crosman silhouette 250........

Tempting, but the faux wood look wouldn't go very well with the rest of my build! :roll:

Appreciate the offer!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:11 am 

I just ordered this:

https://www.alliancehobby.com/1399forearm.htm

US dollars 39.99 shipped... step for a a plastic forearm but it dose come with the mounting hard wear. It can also be ordered without the extra bits for a little less. At least it is cheaper than buying the full 2250B conversion kit which has lots of extra parts I already have.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:20 am 

Headdamage wrote:
I just ordered this:

https://www.alliancehobby.com/1399forearm.htm

US dollars 39.99 shipped... step for a a plastic forearm but it dose come with the mounting hard wear. It can also be ordered without the extra bits for a little less. At least it is cheaper than buying the full 2250B conversion kit which has lots of extra parts I already have.

Nice find - I'm currently sorting out buying the individual parts I need with Eric at scopesandammo, but if that falls through I'll definitely snag that... though to be fair, I could probably sell off the other parts from the full 2250B kit (tube, barrel, etc.) for more than the difference between the full kit and the alliancehobby one with int. shipping.