Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Hw 100 mods need help
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:06 pm 

I'm looking for a air rifle smith to work on my HW100 that could install and set a regulator for me. I have a larger fentons air tube on it thats good for 3600psi. I would like to get a regulator that could be set to handle 3600psi and output as much power as possible. Im currently getting 48 shots at 720fps with a 27 grain slug I think the factory regulator is set at 1700psi I might be wrong though. I'm hoping to get a regulator that puts out 2200psi I read huma makes one that will do that. I' would be very pleased to get 850 900 fps with that slug. Do you think that speed is possible? I need help and suggestions on someone legit that could do this work for me.
thanks
Chad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:10 pm 

You shouldn't have a problem getting those velocities.
I'm not familiar with the hw100, so maybe you have a short barrel?
Someone with more experience will chime in, I'm sure.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:46 pm 

With a 14 grain im getting 980fps. Not sure I can get a 27grain slug going as fast as I want it without changing regulator.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:00 pm 

Ok I see.
Well you could get a huma regulator to do the job.
Maybe if the rifle design allows it, a larger plenum as well.
I bet you get 10-15 shots before the regulator falls off, at your proposed energy. Maybe more with the higher fill pressure.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:12 am 

Well I hqve an aftermarket 250cc air tank and if charged to 3600psi I'm positive I would get more then 10 or 15 shots. I hqve thought this through. My Air force escape in .25 cal sends10 32 grain slugs over 900fps with a 218cc tank at a 3000 psi fill. So thanks for your input but your wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:29 am 

Yeah I'm not here to argue.
I'm just going by vague pictures that I have seen of the hw100 and comparing it to other rifles I have played with.
I tuned an evanix rs2 with slugs, was regulated at 140 bar. Made a plenum that was double the size of the huma plenum.
It would get 35 shots at 40 ft lbs, and around 12 at 50 ft lbs.

Doesn't make me a pro.

But now you're comparing a .25 Airforce something or other.

I guess you're the pro.

What was it you needed help with?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:21 am 

killercrow wrote:
I'm just going by vague pictures that I have seen of the hw100 and comparing it to other rifles I have played with.
I tuned an evanix rs2 with slugs, was regulated at 140 bar. Made a plenum that was double the size of the huma plenum.

Doesn't make me a pro.

I guess you're the pro.

Teach him to spell(have) you wont be wrong....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:22 pm 

wow have have have

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:26 pm 

I never claimed to be a pro. Just was looking for someone that can do the work. I was just saying that I would get more then 10 shots otherwise I wouldn't do the project. I have thought this out. Your saying things that I know are wrong. So I was saying they're wrong. What's wrong with that. People are so quick to respond when they don't know what they're talking about. It's really annoying.
Also thank you moderator for correcting my spelling thats definitely very important.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:28 pm 

killercrow wrote:

Doesn't make me a pro.

I guess you're the pro

Actually comparing tank size and air pressure needed to send a pellet at such a velocity. Maybe my thought process is wrong.If so just say I'm not sensitive

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:07 pm 
Supporting Members

Cweseen wrote:
I never claimed to be a pro. Your saying things that I know are wrong. So I was saying they're wrong.

You know as a new member, there are ways to have a discussion without being rude to one of our regular members. Otherwise you wont get any help from anyone.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:53 pm 

Reading back I thought he was the rude one. I never meant to make anyone mad. I apologize
thanks Chad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:38 am 

I think there's something in the air recently and a lot of folk are a little edgy.
My apologies.
I don't have the intention of coming off as rude. I have a hard time with words sometimes.

I didn't fully comprehend your post where you added that you were using a bigger cylinder. I tend to do that, missing the grand scheme.

All's I really was trying to convey was that you can, in my opinion, expect a much shorter shot string when looking for more fpe. In my own personal experience, I lost about 2/3 of my shot count, just to gain 10 fpe. But yes I was working with a 3000 psi fill pressure, the max I have ever used. But the reg stayed at 140 bar, or 2000psi for the whole duration. I did all the velocity and accuracy testing, involving 2 major brands of slugs, in 2 diameters and weights ranging from 21 to 37 grains.

It was a lot of shooting.

I am still learning the art of PCP. I fought the urge....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:58 am 

Back to the original question , the HW100 has a very small amount of regulated air ( plenum space) so it will be difficult to get big power from it. I’m in North eastern Ontario. And would be glad to help with a regulator install if you’re interested but I don’t think the results would be as high as expected . Here’s what I would suggest. Get yourself a regulator gauge that threads into the action. Failrly inexpensive from HWtuning.com . Turn your existing regulator up to 150 bar and see if that works for you . If it does add the second regulator so that you could run at a higher fill pressure.
If you still want the work done , send me a PM . I have the gauge and have tuned a few of these rifles. I have two in my cabinet , one in each caliber.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:15 am 

killercrow wrote:
I think there's something in the air recently and a lot of folk are a little edgy.
My apologies.
I don't have the intention of coming off as rude. I have a hard time with words sometimes.

I didn't fully comprehend your post where you added that you were using a bigger cylinder. I tend to do that, missing the grand scheme.

All's I really was trying to convey was that you can, in my opinion, expect a much shorter shot string when looking for more fpe. In my own personal experience, I lost about 2/3 of my shot count, just to gain 10 fpe. But yes I was working with a 3000 psi fill pressure, the max I have ever used. But the reg stayed at 140 bar, or 2000psi for the whole duration. I did all the velocity and accuracy testing, involving 2 major brands of slugs, in 2 diameters and weights ranging from 21 to 37 grains.

It was a lot of shooting.

I am still learning the art of PCP. I fought the urge....

Sorry I came off as pretty aggressive. It's tough when you can't hear tones and see facial expressions to know if the person's mad or not.
I do appreciate your input. I think I should be alright for shot count I also have a Marauder in .25 cal it shoots 25 grain pellets at 900fps I get about 24 shots before it falls of the reg. It also has a 250cc tank I think. I guess that would have been a better comparison then my Condor lol. That's crazy how many shots a guy loses for a bit of speed. I'll see what happens and get back on here.
Thanks for the input
chad