Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:39 pm 

CZ 200 T makes incredibly loud noise seemingly randomly that sounds like a loud duck call or trumpet. Also the pellets seem to have inconsistent velocity to the point of being inaccurate. These are club rifles but were barely used for years. I see no obvious leaks of air. I am in the process of locating replacement o-rings. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Mary

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:07 pm 

Did you check the muzzle speed (for the inconsistent accuracy and the strange loud noise, the speed must inconsistent too, just want to see how much it changes from shot to shot you have some ideas to figure out what's wrong...) and see if hammer spring tensions loose?

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:24 am 

I do not have a way of checking how fast the pellet is. We have a budget of nothing so it will be out of pocket to purchase...suggestions? Will need to get something because it must be within a certain range for the 10 meter range.

What we noticed is that it was tumbling pellets. 2 of the 4 rifles did this. I am bringing all 4 rifles home this week to begin to troubleshoot in a more organized manner. Before this year I didn't know about these rifles so I have a bit of a learning curve.

Another question I do have is at what pressure does the rifle's accuracy begin to drop? Absolutely no mods on the rifle.

I will repost when I have better information. I do appreciate your time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:46 pm 

Without a chronograph, you are in for a lot of time and guess work. As for the learning curve, I've been at it less than a year and I still have much to learn.

I tore apart and modified one of my PCP's with a barrel change and added a power block and had to tune the hammer and reg. to get things back in specs. I no nothing of your rifle but I will add, these PCP's are charged to high pressure so, much reading is required to even attempt repairs etc. If you're basic mechanically inclined then it is an easy task.

There are many inexpensive chronographs available that will get the job done and won't break the bank. Nothing more frustrating than shooting a target rifle that ain't tuned properly.

topic89501.html

Good luck and welcome to the forum. :drinkers:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:27 pm 

Where are you located, there may be a member on here that has a coronagraph you could use.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:50 am 

MacG wrote:
Where are you located, there may be a member on here that has a coronagraph you could use.
Yep~ this is a good idea!

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:09 am 

Mcnuttma wrote:
I do not have a way of checking how fast the pellet is. We have a budget of nothing so it will be out of pocket to purchase...suggestions? Will need to get something because it must be within a certain range for the 10 meter range.

What we noticed is that it was tumbling pellets. 2 of the 4 rifles did this. I am bringing all 4 rifles home this week to begin to troubleshoot in a more organized manner. Before this year I didn't know about these rifles so I have a bit of a learning curve.

Another question I do have is at what pressure does the rifle's accuracy begin to drop? Absolutely no mods on the rifle.

I will repost when I have better information. I do appreciate your time.
The cz200 is a highly tunable rifle, non regulated tho (factory), but that's good to me because one less factor you would need to check and adjust... Only a hammer spring is good to make Most of the tunings you need.

In your case you don't need to worry about the tunings yet but just focus on making it back to "normal".

My is not a T (Target), so I tuned my a little bit higher than the T model performs but also a little bit lower for the factory setting which I can have more shot counts and less muzzle barks...

As I thought my tuning has done, so I will just keep shooting it until I found something wrong... And it's about2 years ago... But I think I still remember the settings but not too much details...

The sweet pressure for mine (shooting R10 8.2g pellet at about 730fps) is 150 bar to 100bar. But actually after 100bar, even the speed started dropping, the accuracy is still good to about 80 bar... The advantage of non regulated here again is I can just shoot it to zero And no need to worry about any pressure too low damage the regulator issues...

In a later time I replaced the factory short air tube to a long one (i think the T model originally comes with the long one?! The shot counts is more... )

And the T model I remember shooting lower at about 550fps or 600fps?! So actually it will have more shot counts and a little different on the pressures... No big difference tho...

~Target~

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:03 am 

The youth club I am working with is in northern ny. Our program grew from 1 to 20 over this last summer. We have to make sure we stay within the original t200 specs in order to compete in the 3 position sporter class. Sporter is the same as precision class without the special equipment.

Anyhow, the club needs a chronograph so I will purchase and eventually be paided when we have the money!! I did confirm it steadily drops the shots....no crazy noise but it is a steady drop. I wonder if debris could have gotten into the block from sitting for years or if a spring is weak...anyhow. I will post when i have better info. Is there a good takedown guide out there on these rifles so I am not flying completely blind?

Again many thanks for everyone 's response.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:52 pm 

Here is a start. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=075s2VSPdHg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijRkGaenfPc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFwjdLJ3b28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqq_P7i-rm4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:59 am 

Valve is probably open for too long. The CZ200 is unregulated and the valve is all within the cylinder. If I remember correctly there's a way to adjust valve return spring tension. Wonder if the adjustment screw loosened up over time. If you have a working gun take the cylinder off and compare it with the gun with the problem.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:21 am 

Interesting....so, 40 shot through working rifle....all good. Took cylinder off and added some air to try to eliminate variables....shots steadily fall in a vertical line lower and lower. Some bounce off paper and holes look ragged. Unfortunately I have not touched the rifle in a few days...trying to write a grant for the program.

Honestly, I was hoping for it to be the cylinder....it would have at least eliminated something....we have one of those that doesn't hold air at all...a project for after the rifle is fixed!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:55 am 

Mcnuttma wrote:
Interesting....so, 40 shot through working rifle....all good. Took cylinder off and added some air to try to eliminate variables....shots steadily fall in a vertical line lower and lower. Some bounce off paper and holes look ragged. Unfortunately I have not touched the rifle in a few days...trying to write a grant for the program.

Honestly, I was hoping for it to be the cylinder....it would have at least eliminated something....we have one of those that doesn't hold air at all...a project for after the rifle is fixed!

Don't jump on the replace the cylinder bandwagon just yet. If it won't hold air, it can be a 75 cent o-ring and some light silicone oil. NY is the center of the universe, there should be someone near by that is into PCP airguns? I believe it is something simple. it always is in most cases? The wrong grease can ruin the o-rings and by looking at them, they can look good but not do the job.
I wish I lived closer!