Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:41 pm 

Hi,

I'm really new to this hobby and just got into it, and I was thinking of taking on a project.
I'd really love a spring air rifle to repair, if you guys have any unwanted damaged springers I'd be interested to buy them!
Same applies to any older spring air rifle that you'd be willing to let go for less than $100.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:02 pm 

Maybe 1st look at Princess Auto or Tool Town. They have brand new break barrels starting at $35.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:28 pm 

Yep, I've seen that one. I already have a Chinese springer that's almost exactly like the 35 dollar one, except a lot punchier.

I really would just like a project, something to keep me occupied. Hence why I'm asking about if someone wants to part with their damaged or broken ones.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:44 pm 

chloroform wrote:
I really would just like a project, something to keep me occupied. Hence why I'm asking about if someone wants to part with their damaged or broken ones.

It's a lot of fun restoring the oldies. You can also have fun just tearing apart and tuning the not so old, and the new ones even. Birdman77 has a few for sale that could be taken on as projects. Also if you have PAL look at Ace's Canadian Hunter... that's a project waiting to be scooped up.

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:45 pm 

location ?

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 10:45 pm 

pelsby wrote:
location ?

I'm in Thornhill

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 10:49 pm 

Dukemeister wrote:
chloroform wrote:

It's a lot of fun restoring the oldies. You can also have fun just tearing apart and tuning the not so old, and the new ones even. Birdman77 has a few for sale that could be taken on as projects. Also if you have PAL look at Ace's Canadian Hunter... that's a project waiting to be scooped up.

I don't have a PAL yet, but I agree it is really fun getting airguns and well, most mechanical devices into working/better shape. Recently spent a few days getting an SPA B5-1 rifle into functional, safe, and aesthetically pleasing shape and it turned out to be an accurate shooter with an optic mounted.

Although, I did accidentally break it by forgetting to close the charging arm before firing. On the first day of shooting, no less. Going to have to spend a while with a mapgas torch and pliers to bend that arm back into shape...

I looked at the airguns birdman77 has up for sale, and I found the wooden Gamo cadet and the Mendoza interesting. Which do you think would be a better fit for a restomod project?

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:26 pm 

chloroform wrote:
pelsby wrote:
location ?

I'm in Thornhill

B.C.?

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 12:06 am 

Daryl wrote:
chloroform wrote:
pelsby wrote:
location ?

I'm in Thornhill

B.C.?

Didn't realize there was a Thornhill in B.C., sorry. I'm in Thornhill, part of the GTA in Ontario. Evidently whoever names places and streets in canada ran out of ideas a while ago...

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 2:09 pm 

If you edit your profile for location, that helps.
Thornhill, B.C. is just outside (East) of Terrace.
It is a tiny community, but crown land is minutes away.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:04 pm 

I got a Slavia 624 .177 caliber. In good shape. Its about 50 years old. A classic! Works OK, spring is weak. Would be nice to see it restored. Let me know. I can send u some pictures.