Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Umarex 92-F/S
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:49 pm 

Picked one up n.i.b. from Cabela's today.

Not my first- I had a used one before that had insurmountable gas flow problems.

Haven't shot it yet, but that will soon change :mrgreen:

They seen me coming and jacked the price up 20 bucks. Would have went CP-88-Comp if I could find one locally, but no dice.

Think I've finally got the Co-2 pellet pistol bug out of my system- at least for a while now.

More to follow.

-D.S.

Post subject: Re: Umarex 92-F/S
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:25 pm 

What is a Umarex 92 F/S ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:37 am 

ejackyou wrote:
What is a Umarex 92 F/S ?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Results of first 4 eight shot cylinders through the gun.
Valve must have been oil filled. Still puffing oil on the 50th shot.

I am deeply impressed with this replica Beretta 92-F. Fans of the first Lethal Weapon movie will recognize it instantly.
This one is still made in Germany. Trigger on this one is much better than the first used model I had.
Exactly 50 usable shots out of the Crosman 12 gram bulb. Weight is very good- supposed to mimic the powder burning original almost exactly in weight. No hitches at all to this gun. Did I mention I like it? Yet?

Gun comes packed in a thin plastic foam lined case. 2 eight shot pellet cylinders come with the gun. I'm pretty sure my PPQ pellet cylinders will fit it....

Only down side is I can't see the sights on this pistol. Not the gun's fault. Can see them just fine with my +275 ready readers- that's how the above target was shot. Interestingly, the gun doesn't seem to distinguish the difference of 7 and ten meters. All shot with 7.0 gr. R-10 pistol match wad cutters. Will progress to JSB domes after she's broken in a bit...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:54 pm 

Curious to know what your shooting distance was for this pellet shooter? Nice pics by the way!

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:32 pm 

megiddo65 wrote:
Curious to know what your shooting distance was for this pellet shooter? Nice pics by the way!

Both 7 and 10 meters- as well as both single and double action~all on the same 32 shot target. Just trying to get it shot-in a bit... Once I get all the oil shot out of the gun, it should start grouping. Bit of a difference to how the german made, and Taiwan made guns ship. My PPQ shipped with a dry valve and grouped right out of the clamshell packaging- not quite a box.
1/15th of a second at f-5.8 with the L-820 Coolpix in full manual macro mode, handheld. Some good camera shake eliminating circuitry in there 8)

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:24 am 

Great gun. I purchased one last week but have not shot it yet. My son also has this gun and he loves his, says it shoots very true.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:31 pm 

Get the gun away from the indoor black target bulls, and the sights are just fine. Great accuracy with the R-10 Pistol match.
It seems to like the 7.9 gr Crosman field/hunting points from the 1250 milk carton a lot.
After 3 bulbs, the d/a pull has smoothed out nicely.
It's very easy to shoot faster than the CO-2 can keep up with...

-D.S.